Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra issues, Amber light flashing, limited included accessories, no integrations etc.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Cjharman
Follower
Follower

I’m really struggling being happy with the Ultra cameras... I have a laundry list of issues

* Amber light keeps flashing with no explanation

* Stingy in accessories, 1 charging cable, and only 2 Of each different mount in a 4 pack of cameras that I paid $999 for... buying these separately are at a premium price.

* ZERO integrations available! My old Arlo had tons of intergrations... IFTTT , Smart Things ,etc!

* SD card causes base station to error out... once again, a meaningless amber light flashes

Is anyone feeling the same way? Cause I am about to return my whole set and go to something like Nest cams of blink

Gosh, even the post labels won’t allow SmartThings or ifttt

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cjharman,

The Amber flashing LED on the SmartHub indicates a connectivity issue with one or more of your cameras. Do you have a camera showing low signal strength (WiFi indicator icon on the devices screen)?

What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or base station mean?

SmartThings is not yet available for Ultra but what issue are you experiencing with IFTTT? I've tested IFTTT and did not have an issue setting up a recipe for Ultra.

Can you provide more information on the SD card issue you're experiencing? When you say the SmartHub times out, is it showing an offline message?

JamesC

Parker21
Initiate
Initiate

I called tech support on the Amber light issue it was explained as a connectivity issue with one or more cameras likely out of range. Agree with you I wish I had done more research on all the irritating issues they have after with their newly released versions before dropping well over $700. I also agree for such an expensive camera a magnetic surface mount system seems really questionable for something advertised as a security device. 

I up graded due to the fact I was pleased with their earlier versions but for the price and what they are including and advertising as functional is something they should re -consider when marketing their new products. Consumers will balk and speak out if they feel cheated in quality and over priced technology.

I really hope Arlo continues to IMPROVE these issues and shortcomings if they desire to keep and expand their customer base.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation