Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra emitting random distortion sounds and high pitched beeping

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mahina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Product: Arlo Ultra

Firmware: 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1

Base: VMB5000r4

Firmware: 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04

About two weeks ago we noticed our Arlo Ultra emitting distortion sounds while being outdoors and close by. We brought it inside and the sounds, distortion or high pitched beeping has been randomly happening perhaps five or six times since. It’s irregular and does not follow a pattern but we managed to accidentally provoke a distortion sound while it was on the bookshelf and got triggered by swiping a hand in front of it. When it stopped (after maybe 20 seconds) a second attempt to trigger it directly afterwards instead made the camera go into a high pitched beeping (see link below). Several following attempts were however unsuccessful.

We’ve looked for new firmware and can’t find any updates for either base nor camera. We’ve removed the battery and let the camera sit over night, and the same noises has been happening. 

Our system additionally has two Pro 2 cameras, a doorbell and chime, all working without a hitch.

Anyone experiences similar issues and have advice on how to fix?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndmvdzvqapb73us/IMG_0881.MOV?dl=0

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a hardware issue to me - I suggest contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Do you have the siren set to trigger when motion is detected?
Mahina
Aspirant
Aspirant
No automatic siren, only setting would be to manually trigger it on the base from the app.
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
You can set it up to trigger automatically in the mode settings
Mahina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes ofc, sorry if I was unclear. We’ve not enabled it, which leaves the app as our option to manually trigger it. Also that wouldn’t trigger the distortion sound, which I’ve unfortunately been able to provoke with the camera ready to film 😕
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for the clarification. Have you tried to re-sync the camera to the hub? If so it may be RMA time! I’ve been having problems with audio cutting in and out since I’ve purchased the system but only happens in 4K mode.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloultra wrote:
Have you tried to re-sync the camera to the hub? 

You could try pulling the battery and reinserting it (which would reboot the camera).  Then perhaps resync.

If that fails, I'd just contact support.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation