Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra camera went offline; When it reconnected it wasn't showing in colour.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CraigMac01
Follower
Follower
HW VersionH7
Firmware1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1

This camera (one of three ultra's) went offline. Since it has reconnected is now showing the live and recorded pictures in a grey-scale (No colour) . Neither of the other two Ultra's have been effected. The only thing different with this camera is I have outdoor cable powering it. It is only 3 feet away from the base station so band width is strong. 

Any thoughts on what I can do?
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CraigMac01 wrote:

Any thoughts on what I can do?

It sounds like it is stuck in NightVision mode.  Try removing the battery and reinserting it (to reboot the camera).  

KP_purohit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm facing the same issue, camera keep going in sleep mode for no reason. Its connect to main power supply very good internet connection. Spoke to one of Arlo chat advisor and he said to return the complete set of the camera to amazon for a full refund. 

In short they told me Arlo Ultra is flop product since day 1 have so many issues, no motion detection, library video's deleted it own, sleep mode, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, the three I have are all working well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KP_purohit,

When you say the camera keeps going into "sleep mode", can you describe exactly what you're experiencing? Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve been having a similar issue with one of my 2 Ultra cameras that is mounted outside and powered all the time.

The one at my front door will occasionally “sleep” - for example it just stops detecting motion and recording videos for no reason. It will show that the camera has full battery and is charging in the app - but I can’t live stream the view and it doesn’t show the motion detection icon in the app when my doorbell and another camera detect motion and start recording.

When it does work - the color is all “washed out” it’s almost like it isn’t even grayscale looking.... it looks like a “Sepia” filter when you take a pic with your phone with that filter on. It’s like weird washed out colors. When this happens I’ve also noticed I have to physically remove the battery from the camera for 30 seconds or so to hard reset the device.... when I put it back in it’s fine for a few days and then this happens again.... when I put the battery back in it’s completely dead (even though before the battery pull it shows 100% and charging in the app). When I pop it back in it reads 1%, sends me a message that my camera needs to be charged, and takes all day to slowly charge back up to 100%. Again - then once it’s good for a while this cycle repeats itself a few days later.

Meanwhile no problem with my doorbell or another nearby front yard Pro 2 camera - those work fine and it’s only this AC powered ultra camera....

This just started happening to my camera in the last 3 weeks.... meanwhile I have another Ultra at the back door, also on AC power, that has no issues.....

I’m thinking this might be isolated to my one Ultra camera in the front that needs to be replaced under warranty.

Thoughts @JamesC ??
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mjbeuke wrote:

I’m thinking this might be isolated to my one Ultra camera in the front that needs to be replaced under warranty.

I'm thinking that too.  But I suggest swapping the two ultras first, and confirming that the problems all move with the camera, and aren't linked to the location.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

Try swapping around your Ultra cameras as StephenB suggests to find out if the issue is location or camera based. If you still see the same behavior, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation