Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
gpeacock
Follower
Follower

I cant get one of the cameras to connect.  Seems to get recognised by the base station - but no live feed.  I have rest  both  Base Station and Cameras. Taken Batteries out as per suggestions here.  But to not avail.

I am losing faith in this system as from what I see many others have similar issues.  Tried to engage with Support but keep getting cut off on the phone line - never end up speaking with anyone. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. 

George

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gpeacock,

Does the camera show up in the app when you navigate to Settings > My Devices? Are you seeing an error message when attempting to live stream?

How far from the SmartHub is the camera and what does the signal strength icon show? If the signal strength is poor, this could be the reason you're having trouble streaming the camera.

JamesC

mogamb0
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m facing the same issue. One camera just does not connect for live feed anymore. Camera is connected to the base station. I have tried rebooting, Re syncing, changing batteries etc. Running out of options now.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mogamb0,

What happens when you click live stream? Does the stream simply never load or do you see an error message? Does the camera still detect and record motion?

JamesC

mogamb0
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just gets stuck on connecting and sometimes will timeout and give me an error message. When I arm the device it recognises motion but does not capture a video.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mogamb0,

Does it behave this way regardless of the cameras location? For example, if you move the camera (temporarily) near to SmartHub (within a few feet) are the results the same?

JamesC

mogamb0
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it behaves the same regardless of the location.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mogamb0,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

QysterBed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Community Mod,

I'm experiencing the exact issue described here. To add more details for my case. 

• Like the initial poster one of my cameras works fine but the other is unable to show live feed (just see the wheel forever) or trigger alerts.
  • I'm able to view a snapshot from the camera in the Activity zone setup. This snapshot updates each time i enter setup.
  • Also the battery is very rapidly draining. (~20% in a day).

I had initial issues connecting this camera when I updated the base software before connecting the second camera. I reset the base to factory and set it up again. It worked until I was prompted to download a software update for this camera. 

Is there a resolution to this issue that I can attempt?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

QysterBed,

The symptoms you describe could be related to poor WiFi signal strength. What does the signal strength icon show for the camera? You could isolate the issue further by swapping the location of the camera that works well with the camera the has the issue to see if the problem follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

mogamb0
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like to add that it was most likely a hardware issue. Arlo raised an RMA and replaced the camera in question.
TonyTur
Tutor
Tutor
TeslaDriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with 1 of my Arlo Ultra Camera. When i try to view the livestream im getting  The device failed to connect. Please try again. I already  factory reset the smart hub . Restart the Camera. still not working. Camera hardware version is  H7. The  two Alro Ultra  Camera that still working is on Hardware H6. All camera  firmware is update. 

JP_the_human
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue..
Only 2 weeks old...... But the Arlo Pro 3
Have 3 cameras, 2 are now no longer working.
Tried all of the above... Cameras were placed 3cm away from the unit And still fail.
Have now contacted support and sent a YouTube video showing the issue-
https://youtu.be/vuP0LA0svQw

Awaiting a response before I send it all back for a refund and try other brands.
Very disappointed atm.
Arlo case #41719701
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation