Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra SmartHub and cameras record normally but can not live view on ap or computer

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
S-Mar
Guide
Guide

I have 2 systems (multiple cameras).  One in the US and one overseas.  They used to be on 2 log ons but last year there was an update and was able to put both on one ap in March 2023.  All was working fine until early Nov 2023.

I have been using the ones overseas for 7 years and have never had an issue.  At the beginning of November suddenly all the cameras and the Smart Hub (except 1 camera) show to be OFFLINE.  They still record when triggered but not able to 1)watch live - 2)go into the setup - 3)information screens I blurred the pic for privacy but you can see the last pic is the working camera.

The one camera that I am able to see, use & has all of the options is an Essential Indoor Camera.  I setup this camera up through the home wifi and I can view it on through the same ap (or computer) and all works perfect.  I have Essentials Floodlight camera setup through the ap and it only records.  This means the ap and computer setups are fine but something is wrong elsewhere.  I am not at the overseas location but have rebooted the wifi dozens of times.  The people looking after the property are not technical but have had them switch power off dozens of times for as much as  4 hours. The recently removed the card and that did not do anything either.   Nothing fixes this.  I can not have them do a factory reset, they are not technical, plus the cameras and the SmartHub is working because all are still making recordings. So how can a factory reset help a if the cameras and hub are actually working.

How can the Smart Hub and cameras Show Offline and yet still work perfectly?? 

I put in a case on November 8 2023 but they will not even talk to you if you are not there in person.   

They read off a script and will not vary from there repair script.  They then send multiple emails for me to Update Case but it is not for me to update.

I am not new to Arlo.  Apple phone. Browsers tried - Safari - Chrome - DuckDuckGo - FireFox

I have had Arlo since 2016 and Arlo Ultra since January of 2019 (Very first to come out)

I know the system very well. 12-23-2023 001.jpg

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation