Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mikem30303
Guide
Guide
New problem: I can't stream to the ultra camera any more. All older cameras work fine (they are connected to the old base station). Also, the ultra recordings are 0 seconds long. I have remote restarted the ultra base station but have not been able to get anything to work. I am at work and can't mess with it until tonight. Was there an update yesterday? Also, is there any way for those of us that are willing to go through this teething phase to get an outdoor charging cable? I know that the release has been delayed but I have to charge my camera every few days right now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mikem30303
Guide
Guide

The power cycle seemed to get it back.  

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikem30303,

Are you seeing an error message when trying to stream? You may need to physicall restart the SmartHub (remove power, reconnect).

There was an update that went out last night: Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.12.0.7_30930 - 7th February 2019

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Mikem30303
Guide
Guide

No error messages, just the spinning circle that never connects.  I'll try unplugging the base station tonight and see if that fixes it.

Mikem30303
Guide
Guide

The power cycle seemed to get it back.  

Thanks.

brh
Master
Master

For some reason resetting the camera remotely does not do the same thing as power cycling the base. I have over time realized that every time there is an update, it is best to power cycle the base as quickly as possible. Power cycling solves a lot of freaky problems.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation