Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rare for me to buy something on 'day 1' but I've been waiting for these Ultra cameras for a while.

Anyway, I picked up today and want this to be a success - but I can't seem to get the cameras to stay connected, even when they are within a few feet of the base station.  Both the 'regular' live view and view to position the camera time out all the time... constantly.  The message I get is "The request timed out" or more often, "This Arlo device is offline

Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help." 

My Internet is fine.  Other stuff all working fine.  If I move the camera or even touch it, that seems to make it worse.  Seems to be the same issue if I try to view on web or on mobile App.  No indication that the base station is going offline.  

I allowed all the latest firmware to update on the Base and the two camera's I'm currently testing with, and it has no effect.  Camera is H6 v 1.060.20.8_30046.  Power management is "optimized".

I tried 10ft from Base and then maybe 75 feet.  Same thing.

Thoughts?  I really don't want to return them 😞
154 REPLIES 154
grossman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since this braintrust on here has been so incredibly helpful, I have one more question. Is there a way to transfer/link all of my old cameras that were connected to my old Arlo Pro Hub to my new Ultra Hub without having to erase them from the app and relink them to the new hub? There has to be an easier way to delink and link them to the new hub, right?

brh
Master
Master

@grossman 

Not that I know of, but why transfer them over to the new base? Just have two bases on one account. One advantage of doing this is that the Pro base has a built in siren for indoor use but no siren in the cameras. The Ultra base has no indoor siren built in but does have the siren built into the cameras which can be used outside. Keeping both bases in this case would be a win-win. Plus, keeping the second base will allow you to get a stronger signals to cameras that are furthest from the base if you use a mesh router, wifi extender or powerline adapter to plug the second base into. I currently have 3 base stations on one account. 

Brian

grossman
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh wrote:

@grossman 

Not that I know of, but why transfer them over to the new base? Just have two bases on one account. One advantage of doing this is that the Pro base has a built in siren for indoor use but no siren in the cameras. The Ultra base has no indoor siren built in but does have the siren built into the cameras which can be used outside. Keeping both bases in this case would be a win-win. Plus, keeping the second base will allow you to get a stronger signals to cameras that are furthest from the base if you use a mesh router, wifi extender or powerline adapter to plug the second base into. I currently have 3 base stations on one account. 

Brian

Sell the old base = defray the cost of the new cameras.

Also simplifies things.

I have a small property so I am not really concerned about singal loss. 

grossman
Aspirant
Aspirant

On a different note. Is anybody using the arlo doorbell with the new ultra cameras? I tried to add my arlo doorbell to the ultra base station but it will only recognize my old base station. That is problematic for me since I want to use the ultra with my doorbell

DRA_PA
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately, the doorbell isn’t supported by Ultra. Unless that changed. I ended up returning and getting a Ring.