Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera Video has Lines throughout Screen

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is anyone else randomly getting lines in their video? This just started yesterday. It sometimes does it, sometimes does not. I have two cameras and it only does it on one of the two cameras. I've tried disabling the camera and restarting it, makes no difference.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@srandall25 wrote:

Is anyone else randomly getting lines in their video? This just started yesterday. It sometimes does it, sometimes does not. I have two cameras and it only does it on one of the two cameras. I've tried disabling the camera and restarting it, makes no difference.

FWIW, I am not seeing it.

I suggest checking for this on another device (different PC or phone), and perhaps download a recorded video that shows this problem.  It could be a player issue (the lines in your screenshot look very sharp, so they might not be compressed).

If it's clear it is happening in the camera, then contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice
The lines appeared in both the iOS app on iPhone and also desktop website version as well. Platform independent. It hasn’t done it lately though.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have seen it once, like someone was playing with the Vertical/Horizontal on an old tv....

It was a very temp situ that corrected 10 mins later... unknown reason

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mathu8679
Aspirant
Aspirant

This same thing happened to me back in late spring/early summer (19'). Every single tedious troubleshooting fix was attempted over the course of several weeks until customer support decided there is NO fix and they would be replacing my ultra camera. Similar to you, this was only occurring on 1 of my 2 cameras. Following the exchange, I have not seen any lines and the camera has worked fine..with the exception of these software "updates" that wreck something different each time they're rolled out (expected with Arlo at this point). Hope support can take care of you after explaining this to them. Good luck.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation