Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant
Working great until 12/4 PM. Tried all the tricks with no luck. Wired activity zones are no longer functional. Need to add my voice to the others here — the problems are widespread. A fix asap would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware update 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 appears to have cured all of the issues I was having. Before this update the Restarts helped but the camera remained erratic. I did not have the quarter screen problem. The issues brought on for my camera in early December -- apparently by the 12/2 firmware update -- that have been corrected now for over 24 hours are:

> system goes offline erratically

> motion clearly within activity zone not picked up

> motion significantly outside activity zone started to be picked up

> only vehicular motion was properly identified when motion was reported

> erratic capture of motion clips on cloud

In other words, my system seems to have returned to its proper operation. I'm happy again because the system is providing exactly the features I want -- reporting vehicular and people motion only within a defined activity zone.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
👍👍
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same here!!!!
John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to report that I restarted via the app my VMB5000r4 SmartHub again this afternoon (12/10) and after several system-initiated kicks to offline the system has returned to flawless operating. I had tried restarting several times since 12/4 and the performance remained flawed. This system is wired for power and uses a single camera with one activity zone. I was getting NO alerts for several days, then alerts with motion outside of the activity zone each of which lasted the same time (about 5.5 minutes). It's now operating as it was before 12/4. Just what I want. Since I did nothing to initiate the lack in performance and only did a simple restart to return it to operating as setup, I'd say try a restart if you are still seeing problems since the early December update.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
So they secretly fixed it
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I just restarted my Ultra base from my iOS app and no improvements for me...... 😢
deman00789
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the base station always goes offline and I no longer receive notification after the firmware update, I tried to restart my base station many times, but no luck. Then I reset the base station, which means to erase everything and needs to add the device again. I added one successfully, but can't add the other one with many tries. So frustrated. 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
No improvement still getting false motion detection when plugged in unplugged seems to be working okay for me at least
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of a small number of users who have been negatively impacted due to recent Ultra FW releases. This resulted in false motion detection events, inconsistent activity zone behavior and SmartHub devices dropping offline. The development team is actively testing a firmware fix to address these concerns. Arlo would like to thank the users who have been working with our engineering team to provide field data to help us better understand what users are experiencing.

We will continue to update you on the progress and appreciate your patience while we work to deliver the fixes.

JamesC

John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware update 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 appears to have cured all of the issues I was having. Before this update the Restarts helped but the camera remained erratic. I did not have the quarter screen problem. The issues brought on for my camera in early December -- apparently by the 12/2 firmware update -- that have been corrected now for over 24 hours are:

> system goes offline erratically

> motion clearly within activity zone not picked up

> motion significantly outside activity zone started to be picked up

> only vehicular motion was properly identified when motion was reported

> erratic capture of motion clips on cloud

In other words, my system seems to have returned to its proper operation. I'm happy again because the system is providing exactly the features I want -- reporting vehicular and people motion only within a defined activity zone.

Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried to reply to JamesC post in "Arlo ultra motion detection"  But looks like maybe they have closed that thread at least I did not have a reply icon to reply to that post.    Here are my observations since that update.

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.050.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

Appeared like all was fixed,   was able to set activity zone,  and only gave alerts and recorded video that was in the activity zone.   That is until today Christmas Day!   Christmas Eve,  came home from a party at my Son's house.  And the camera worked fine,  alerted me as I pulled in the driveway,  recorded video of us pulling in,  and walking up to the front door,  where Ring Door Bell picked us up.    About 3:30 am a motion controlled security light came on in my back yard.   I got up,  took a look out did not see anything,  checked cameras nothing recorded.   Went back to bed.  (Probably a Racoon) This morning Christmas Day.   I got up went out back to feed the cat,  (Camera did not alert me or record video, usually does)   Then when I went out to the front of my house to get the newspaper and feed the squirrels, (Camera did not alert me or record video,  usually does)   Last alert and recording was 1:38 am when we came home.

I have twice recycled the smart base (pulled the power cord out,  waited 15 sec.  then powered back up) Still the cameras do not send any alerts or recordings.   Live view works great,  Signals are great to cameras,  video bandwidth is strong.   But nothing happens,  no motion detection?  or is Arlo servers having issues?   So hear we go again just when I was thinking that finally the Arlo was stepping up the Arlo Ultra was working as promised.  Then Christmas Day  System is Dead.  

So I am posting hear once again  to see if it is only me,  or did they do something again to take down the system.   Please let me know.

John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant
My single camera system has been working flawlessly since my last post, including today for Christmas. I have an irregular-shaped activity zone and am only interested in people & vehicles. Works great after the last update as it was before the early December problematic firmware update. As mentioned in my last post I’m happy!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation