Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SurJones
Star
Star

Picked this up a couple days ago.. everything is decent - Very Sluggish on loading and ntications, and There is no Pre-Roll before a innodent, and even when an inccodent is going it's will stop recording.

I hvae 3 Apple Extrmeme Routers.  house is about 50ft long. Router are in the middle  first floor, and back first floor and back top floor. 2 cameras in the back first floor just above the 2nd floor.  So slow loading. Open the App... click play.. .wait... Nest was amazing on this set up.. The only thing I didnt like was the Audio conversation was not even do able... 

Also from when the Nightvision takes over I get no notications of activity. My nest picked everyhting up (ratcoons, squirrels, foxes, cats, chickens -all at night.. I wake up and have no idea if any preditor tried to enter where they were suppose to.. Everything looks set up, 80% on the sensitivity. etc.. 3 cameras all have the plug in, and 1 camera has the 24/7  video streaming service (which I think is bogus we have to pay for on top of the other 2 memberships... ) anyways... 

1) How do get I full WiFi bars... 

2) How do I get faster launch times?

3) What's the point of zones, if they dont indipendently warn you of what's in that zone?

4) What going on where I dont get any captures in 8 hours over night?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) I had low signal to my Ultra... when I moved the Ultra base away form my main router, this increased ( may work for you )

tho it also appears the signal isn't as strong as the 4000 base units

2) I get 5 secs from clicking on live and actual streaming... ( on web access ) data rate ? phone speed ?

3) Zones are having issues, and Arlo is aware of it... a fix is in the works

4) Sounds like to need to increase your sense level...default is 80%, mine runs a bit closer to 90 and picks up cats

Increase at the rate of 1-2% at a time so you get better response but not a lot of false triggers ( don't forget to save after changes )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SurJones
Star
Star

update: 

No luck on Router placements - 70Mb100Mb Down and Up Speeds  over Wifi. using App and standing in the spots to check.

Cameras still work at night,unless I check them, I have a lot of ratcoons, skunks, foxes, oposums  Nest aways had notifications ready for me in the morning - Nothing with these ones, Motion Sens. set to 100% -  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SurJones,

It sounds like given your specific environmental conditions, the cameras may be too far from your SmartHub or may be subject to too much interference. If you bring a camera close to the SmartHub (within a few feet) is the behavior the same or does the performance improve?

JamesC

SurJones
Star
Star

Brough a Camera in, 2ft, 4ft, 8ft and 10ft - all same bars. nothing changed.  ( again, pretty much new this since the door camera is only about 6ishFT from the base - but im always will to test. that being said. Any apple users using the same set up I have, or is eveyone buying into the netgear routers as well?

78Stallion
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem at night.
Im trying color night vision off.
I will post in the morning.
I've had this 4 camera system for 3 weeks and the software is garbage along with the 2-way audio and live lag! Camera video is superb though, when it works. These are being returned to BesyBuy before its too late.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation