Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ULTRA Camera Dead battery and a permanant charge

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Daybill
Follower
Follower

Hi all, I have two Arlo cameras, one at the front and one at the side of my property. I find if I am away for an extended period of time (3 months +) the Battery life drops considerably  and I have made all the appropriate changes to the camera to reduce the battery life dropping. Consequently i have set up a system where a camera has its charge cord and adaptator permanently plugged into a discreet 240 volt plug so the camera's battery is supposed to never die. Before setting this up, the battery in question was depleted of its charge and now it will not charge at all? Any thoughts? Also, what is the best solution to have the outdoor Arlo camera permanently charged for when you do go away for extended breaks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daybill wrote:

Before setting this up, the battery in question was depleted of its charge and now it will not charge at all? 

Try this: https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

@Daybill wrote:

Also, what is the best solution to have the outdoor Arlo camera permanently charged for when you do go away for extended breaks?

Mains power is fine.  Other options are to get the XL upgrade kit (only available for pro 3/pro 4/ultra) - that battery is about 2.5x more capacity than the standard pro 3/pro 4/ultra battery.  A solar panel might also work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daybill wrote:

Before setting this up, the battery in question was depleted of its charge and now it will not charge at all? 

Try this: https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

@Daybill wrote:

Also, what is the best solution to have the outdoor Arlo camera permanently charged for when you do go away for extended breaks?

Mains power is fine.  Other options are to get the XL upgrade kit (only available for pro 3/pro 4/ultra) - that battery is about 2.5x more capacity than the standard pro 3/pro 4/ultra battery.  A solar panel might also work.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation