Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to move Arlo cameras to Ultra base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Riot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I initially connected 6 Arlo cameras (VMC3030) to a VMB3000 base station.  This worked fine.

Then I added a 4-camera Ultra kit, and added the 4 Ultra cameras to the new VMB5000 base station.  That worked fine, too.

I then decided to move the 6 Arlo VMC3030 cameras to the Ultra VMB5000 base station.  I removed each of the six original cameras, then I switched off the VMB3000 base station.  I was able to add one of the VMC3030 cameras, but it fails to find the other five when trying to sync.

I've tried removing the old VMB3000 base station from my account, but that hasn't changed anything.  My devices list only shows five cameras.

When I press the sync button on the remaining five cameras, and use the "add device" menu, the slow blue flash does turn to a faster blue flash - as if they are already paired.  But they don't show up in my devices list, and the "add devices" process tells me it can't find anything.

My subscription is the free trial of Arlo Smart Premier, so I believe I should have no problem connecting all 10 devices to one base station - or is that an incorrect assumption?  Is there anything I can do to "reset" the cameras and attempt to re-sync them?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I would like to point out that while the a single base station can handle more than 10 cameras, it can only handle 5 simultaneous streams.  https://kb.arlo.com/1179521/How-many-Arlo-cameras-can-I-view-at-the-same-time

If your cameras are arranged so that they will sometimes trigger in rapid succession (or are cross-triggered), you might end up losing recordings.  Personally I use two base stations, to ensure that doesn't happen. 

@Riot wrote:

When I press the sync button on the remaining five cameras, and use the "add device" menu, the slow blue flash does turn to a faster blue flash - as if they are already paired.  But they don't show up in my devices list, and the "add devices" process tells me it can't find anything.

This sounds like it might be a back-end (cloud) issue.  If so, you'd need to contact support if you want to consolidate to one base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation