Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
jbrunson
Aspirant
Aspirant

After an attempted robbery,  I have spent days and days trying to get a few pre-sales answers to questions from Arlo. (was advised to get additional cameras by police)   I have called, tried to use chat, and manually created a ticket.  There is no way i believe eveyone at Arlo has coronavirus..... is customer service that bad??? really ??? or is buisness that good?  I can only think it is a fool's errand to spend additional money for more hardware or services when they refuse to respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Absolutely do not buy Arlo for security, their "security" cameras are a gimmick.. even if you had their cameras and you tried to get support you'll feel like sticking needles in your eyes once you're done. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbrunson,

What are your questions? We may be able to help you here on the community.

JamesC

anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Go with your gut. I’d have to seriously recommend against making any serious investment in arlo’s product. Since divesting from netgeat, every aspect (from the consumers perspective) has suffered. Currently, there’s a long running issue where defined activity activity zones are being ignored causing some users to get inundated with endless notifications while others can’t get geofencing and other important features to work properly. While it’s rare to hear that csr service won’t respond, the experience since divestiture has been that they will respond and are friendly but pretty much useless. Maybe something like my response to you question will catch the right eyes and someone will realize that people are not happy with the product and effect change
GrantLeffler
Star
Star

My entire system (Base Station + 8 Cameras) hasn’t worked for 40+ days going all the way back to April 1st.  The “Support” is horrendous as is their “Firmware Updates”.  Search this Forum and you’ll see the same thing over and over again…. Problems, problems, problems…..   no support, no support, no support.  Look at their Facebook page….  Same thing.  You’re much better off going with a different Manufacture.  

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Absolutely do not buy Arlo for security, their "security" cameras are a gimmick.. even if you had their cameras and you tried to get support you'll feel like sticking needles in your eyes once you're done. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jbrunson wrote:

There is no way i believe eveyone at Arlo has coronavirus..... is customer service that bad??? really ??? or is buisness that good? 

I don't know where you are, but in most of the planet people are working form home, using stretched telephone systems that were not designed as call centres.

Add to that the fact that more customers, many of them newcomers to this stuff, are working from home, increasing the call load, and it is easy to see how a support system can become stretched.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jbrunson
Aspirant
Aspirant
your logic is broken. tech support chat as well as email support does not employ voice communications. Here is a novel idea, why not just answer the questions i asked to begin with instead of all this other stuff??

I am closing in on my purchase decision, the time you guys burn doing this "it aint my fault" dance is pretty telling.
jbrunson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have decided that this company is not capable of meeting my primary needs for surveillance..  the 4K "ultra" product looks good and sounds good in theory BUT if the OEM pretty much thumbs their nose at you when you try to spend additional $$$ with their company, in my mind, it is a path to wasted effort and money.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

thats it, they "look good on paper" but they're rubbish. you've seriously saved yourself massive disappointment by not going with Arlo. Be sure you tell your friends and family about the experience to save them any potential disappointment too, word of mouth is far more powerful than their marketing campaigns that spread false information. 

jbrunson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh it's worse than that- we were going to be repeat customers. I have sent an email to their rival, Eufy....  if they even do a poor job of response, i will order their stuff and sell this equipment on craigslist.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@jbrunson wrote:
...why not just answer the questions i asked to begin with instead of all this other stuff??

Because you never asked a question in this thread. There are knowledgeable people on here who will try to help you, but they cannot if you don't describe the issue. 

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Customer service IS that bad...really!!!

If you make the mistake of believing the 'independent' reviews as I did, you'll spend hours on the chat to multiple people who 'drop out' once the problem gets past hello. When you get to explain the issue the support people argue with you that the problem can't be happening, despite you sending screen shots of the issue.

Don't get caught with buying this system. It's expensive and doesn't work anything like the marketing material wants you to believe. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation