Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
howie407
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a 3 camera Arlo Ultra kit which came with a free subscription for one year. I setup the camera system quite easily and the free subscription seemed to be activated. I was able to review video without the use of an SD card.

I then wanted to change the relative locations of the cameras and hub and ran into some setup problems. I reset the equipment and set up a new account with a new email address and moved the cameras to the new account only to find that the hub did not re-establish the subscription and I lots access to the videos.

Maybe I should not have set up a new account, however there must be some way of re-establishing the free subscription. There is reference in the subscriptions to a code that I can use however I do not know how to find the code in order to activate it.

I note considerable concern from numerous owners who seem to be having the same problem. Can someone point me in the direction of information which actually solves this problem.

Thanks, Howard

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

Can't say for sure if setting the hub again up with a new account caused it but it may have. Have you tried logging in using your old account as a long shot. Also in your settings<subscription do you see if the free trail is still there at all. It could have removed them from trial but may show as inactive. 

howie407
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you dcfox1.

I received advice from support to do as you said. I have logged back into the original account and have reset the hub and cameras which are all working as expected however there is no sign of the original free year subscription. I have let the Support people know whoever I have heard nothing back at this stage.

There is no sign of the subscription  in the settings or anywhere else.

Howard

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After a reset the trial is no longer available. You could try a new account with a different email address to see if that works.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation