Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Guide
Guide
I just recently setup three Ultras down at our Lakefront. One is mounted on a telephone pole with an XL Battery. It connects 95% of the time then I have another Ultra on a pole that is closer to the home base. That also has a XL Battery. But it connects only about 50% of the time and it’s closer to the home base. Now I have two Ultras at the Lakefront monitoring each boat dock these connect about 40% of the time. Yet I have a old Ultra that connects95% of the time. It gets confusing. Some cameras are closer to home base and others further. They all connect to a long range WIFi setup. Te cameras may range from 300 feet to 750 feet away from the base. I have 12 cameras connected to this one lab home base. Why do I get these various connects?
Do I have too many cameras on one ARLO base? They are record in the cloud. At first I think it’s the distance from the base. But I have other Ultras within 50 feet of the base. One camera connects 100% of the time while the other one about 70% of the time. Then I have my last set of Ultras which while close to their ARLO base they are about 1000 feet from the closest router All these are connected via Namo long Range wifi

Is there any specific rule to help with connections?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Do I have too many cameras on one ARLO base?

The base can only receive streams from 5 cameras simultaneously - though it should still stay connected to more cameras than that.

Do you have a way to check the wifi signal at all camera locations (not relying on the signal strength in the Arlo app)?  There are plenty of decent (free) wifi scanners available for Android - unfortunately not for iPhone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation