Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Juans16
Tutor
Tutor

This is the Second Camera eith the same problem. The first one was replace few months or a year ago. Now i being having the same problem with another camera for about 3-4 months probably more than that but haven’t bothered posting anything. I had done many troubleshooting including removing the camera from my account and adding it again. I also replaced the battery for another camera that is working fine. I tried changing video quality etc. If you see the video the image quality is terrible. Its like yellow or faded neon color. here is a link to a youtube video I posted. https://youtu.be/DSO5RquxryQ

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the time of day for this recording? It looks like the camera has switched to night vision.

Juans16
Tutor
Tutor
I believe that was Friday at 2:45pm. But I have plenty of recording at different time same video quality. Hmm yeah that could be the problem that it switched to night vision during the day. But if I’m not mistaken night video doesn’t look that clear also. I will have to test it at night. But if I do live view during the day that yellow quality pictures is what I get. I just tried disabling night vision but the image esta same quality
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance is the protective clear plastic film still in place over the camera face?

Juans16
Tutor
Tutor
No it’s not. I will post another video I made at night with the night vision on and off
Juans16
Tutor
Tutor
New video at different time
https://youtu.be/baY4kdYgF9M
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To me it really looks like the camera is staying in night vision (B&W). No idea why there would be a yellow cast but I suppose a daylight recording while in night vision could cause this. The nighttime videos look correct with no cast so it would seem to be due to daylight.

Try moving the camera elsewhere for testing to see if the same thing happens regardless of location.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

To me it really looks like the camera is staying in night vision (B&W). No idea why there would be a yellow cast but I suppose a daylight recording while in night vision could cause this.

I was thinking that too.  But it also looks blurrier than it should in the daylight pictures.

Repositioning the camera so that it doesn't capture the wall might help with the night recordings.  

Juans16
Tutor
Tutor
I tried moving the camera around. Took it inside the house. I tried cleaning the lens and the sensors with fiberglass tower. I tried windex but no luck at all. I tried covering the night vision sensor and then uncover it to see it the camera switch back to day view. But no luck either. I called Arlo but they cannot do anything for me because the cameta is almost 2 years old and their warranty is only for 1 year. This is suck for me and may others user
Juans16
Tutor
Tutor
Just an update. So I figure out since it may be the night vision sensor getting stuck on night mode I decide to gently shake the camera and high it against the palm of my hand lens down and for my surprise i hear some clicking noise and the camera image got back to normal. Note I have the night vision sensor turned to off and also the spotlight. I hope it stay normal
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation