Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Store and forward recordings on internet loss

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sdeand
Tutor
Tutor

I assume Arlo monitors these posts?

I contacted chat and they said they can not make request to development for firmware upgrades.

I am not sure ho the team accepts or reviews customer input to improve its devices without a channel to receive that information?

I have 3 ultra PRO 2 cameras and 4 Ultra 4k cameras hooked to an Ultra base.

some shortcoming of the system if it is to be used for security:

1.  It has memory card (that is good). 

a. But, you cannot access it without removing it.  why not have a simple file browser built in?

b. When you loose internet, (which happens for many reasons)  Please store and forward images, when internet                         resumes.  This seems simple.

2.  When i disable the led, It still will flash when charging????  very annoying.  simply allow us to really disable led.

3.  Why are my Arlo Pro2 cameras clearer images than the 4k cameras?   Will the firmware be improved?

4. Some more automation with Alexa would be nice too, Like motion alerts to turn on lights.

Mostly, I like the system. but, I would like to see firmware updates to make it even better.

Thank You

Dean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can post ideas for features in the idea exchange here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

On direct access to local storage - Arlo committed to providing that for the Ultra and Pro3 before the trial subscriptions run out (meaning it is needed by the end of the year).    They haven't said whether they will also provide it on the older cameras.  I am hoping that they do.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can post ideas for features in the idea exchange here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

On direct access to local storage - Arlo committed to providing that for the Ultra and Pro3 before the trial subscriptions run out (meaning it is needed by the end of the year).    They haven't said whether they will also provide it on the older cameras.  I am hoping that they do.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@sdeand wrote:

I assume Arlo monitors these posts?

Yes, but this is not the best place for that sort of issue.

This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

As suggested, try the:

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation