Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Still images not updating - app or browser for Floodlight and Ultra. No issue on Pro 2 or 3.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TotallyPrepared
Follower
Follower

I have had the Floodlight and Arlo Ultra for a few weeks and noticed that on the app and browsers that after activity the preview image doesn't update - for example one camera has filmed cats, myself and visitors yet the preview image on the app and browser wont update, some have not updated in days or weeks. 

I never had this issue with previous base stations, apps, or arlo Pro 2 / 3 cameras.  

They only refresh when I live stream.  Any one else noticing this issue? 

All firmware etc is latest updates, subscription is current. 

Thanks in advance, apologies if a thread already exists, I cant find an answer. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TotallyPrepared,

Try removing the batteries from your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and Arlo Ultra cameras and then re-insert them back in to see if that updates the still images.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I have 7 ultras and they have never updated unless a trigger leads to a new recording which is probably normal.  So I have always used live to update the pic when tired of seeing the same thing for days and have found that live has always needed to be triggered for a bit to update.  A quick live look never seems to do it.  The pain is I can only get this to work online since the last android update.  It has always worked until then but with the latest update no matter how long I go live the app no longer updates.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation