Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ssid vmbxxx after install

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
I did a factory reset of a VMB5000 base station to my home network. I have an Ultra up and running. Now on my iPhone network a password protected Vmbxxxxxx ssid shows up. Is it related to my base station. The closest other base station is over a quarter mile away. I don’t my router could reach any of those
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
ThNka for the response. After reading some ARLO articles, plus witching my home network ( I have separate cable connections for my work ). Then shutting down the base station. re io ti g my primary network, the ARLO_VMB said wasnt present. Then bringing the base station online again. the ARLO ssid was back. From what I read. that ssid is used to only communicate with the cameras. Very secure and another reason its password protected without a password.
Thanks for your help.

The more cameras and base station I’ve been configuring with 4 different network routers the mire I am understanding the total ARLO configurations. At least with the Uktra family and Go2.

I’m sure there is alot more to learn and I will get there

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
The ssid is. ARLO_VMB_294_xxxx
Dannybear
Master
Master
The base station uses a closed wifi connection to the cameras and usually has a VMB..., ssid.
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
ThNka for the response. After reading some ARLO articles, plus witching my home network ( I have separate cable connections for my work ). Then shutting down the base station. re io ti g my primary network, the ARLO_VMB said wasnt present. Then bringing the base station online again. the ARLO ssid was back. From what I read. that ssid is used to only communicate with the cameras. Very secure and another reason its password protected without a password.
Thanks for your help.

The more cameras and base station I’ve been configuring with 4 different network routers the mire I am understanding the total ARLO configurations. At least with the Uktra family and Go2.

I’m sure there is alot more to learn and I will get there
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation