Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
hrahman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue I am having is that this morning between 4 am and 6 am, the car in front of my house was broken but Arlo did not record that, I have checked with everyone who has access to my account and they said they did not delete the video as they were sleeping. I checked the computer and the same thing, the video is not there. I called Arlo and the customer service agent said they can't do anything, when I asked if I can get her name and I would like to speak with a manager, they hanged up. When I tried the live chat, the person never responded back, I waited for an hour and nothing.  I called back and still nothing. I have paid for all the service and this is far the worst thing that happened with Arlo! My car is broken but it didn't record that for some odd reason, it seems as if Arlo is trying to cover up their bad service. I want to hear a response back asap! I didn't spend over $1,000 plus monthly sub. for Arlo to record pets, and just for FYI, yes the sensitivity is on 90% and everything from my end is fine. I am not new to tech, but Arlo really seems like they are and shown via customer service. 

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey hrahman,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your experience with the support team.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Did you set up local storage as a backup?

If so, any recordings that your modes and rules were set up ti capture should be on the memory chip in your Ultra hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Cindybtoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing just happened to me two of my cars got broken into not one picture available when my husband went to look at it it didn’t get him either I went out there to check the camera and it worked what’s the used to have the service if it’s not gonna work the one time you need it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Cindybtoney,

Are you still having problems with your Ultra camera? If so, did you set up local storage as michaelkenward mentioned above?

efchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

the same thing happened to me last night. my Arlo did not record anything. The last recording I had was of a  cat at 10:19 pm. my Arlo was able to pick the up but it didn't record the burglary.  can someone provide an update from someone at Arlo?

efchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

@hrahman what did Arlo said regarding your post? would you please give us an update on their response please?

thanks,

hrahman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

Arlo customer service hasn’t been sufficient, I tried calling back few times and messaged my details regarding the incident but nothing. The calls are the worst, they literally will hang up once you ask too many questions. There are serval bugs on this device but I bought it and too late to return it so I have been using it to monitor my house when I’m away, it’s ok-ish. I have get the solar panel for batteries as charging also every week is annoying. Sorry for late response, I couldnt take this annoying service with back and forth.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation