Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some cameras don't record locally or can't access local videos on VMB5000r4

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mmx808
Aspirant
Aspirant

1st problem:

For about 6 months now, my VMB5000r4 is having problem with local recording.  Some Ultra cameras with H6 and H7 hardware detect motion but don't record locally, Some Ultra cameras also with H6 hardware, Pro3 and Pro 2 record locally fine.

2nd Problem:

I can view Pro 2 local recordings on my phone app or computer, but Ultra H6 and Pro 3 recordings don't show up in the dashboard.   When I click a Pro 3 or Ultra H6 camera, instead of showing thumbnails of the videos,  the screen shows "Get unlimited video cloud storage for 30 days with Arlo Secure."

The firmware is 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3, and says no firmware update is available. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmx808 wrote:

I can view Pro 2 local recordings on my phone app or computer, but Ultra H6 and Pro 3 recordings don't show up in the dashboard.   When I click a Pro 3 or Ultra H6 camera, instead of showing thumbnails of the videos,  the screen shows "Get unlimited video cloud storage for 30 days with Arlo Secure.

It sounds like you have the "Dashboard" and "Feed" interface.  Local recordings are not shown in "Feed".

Assuming you do have "Feed", then try going to the "Devices" page and then select the smarthub.  Then select "storage settings".  The recordings should show up there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmx808 wrote:

I can view Pro 2 local recordings on my phone app or computer, but Ultra H6 and Pro 3 recordings don't show up in the dashboard.   When I click a Pro 3 or Ultra H6 camera, instead of showing thumbnails of the videos,  the screen shows "Get unlimited video cloud storage for 30 days with Arlo Secure.

It sounds like you have the "Dashboard" and "Feed" interface.  Local recordings are not shown in "Feed".

Assuming you do have "Feed", then try going to the "Devices" page and then select the smarthub.  Then select "storage settings".  The recordings should show up there.

mmx808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. The videos are indeed under storage settings.  Also I removed the Ultras that don't record videos and added them again, now they record locally. Thanks for the answer.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation