Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthub and Arlo HD cam vmc3030 sync issue

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!
I just bought a new Ultra Smartbase VM5000r4 but for some reason I can't connect my old Arlo HD vmc3030 cam to it. But I can connect it to my old vmb3500 base.
Atleast my Pro 2 cam VMC4030P works with the ultra base.
So should the Ultra Base be backwards compatible with older than pro cam models?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be backward compatible

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor

Is there a firmware issue or why ultra base can't find it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DJHasis,

What is the LED behavior on the vmc3030 when you attempt to sync? It's possible the batteries are too low for the sync to complete. Try inserting a fresh set of batteries to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor
When I press the sync button while the app tries to find the cam for the ultra, blue led starts to blink and after a while it blinks rapidly for a moment and stops.
Batteries are about week old, 78 % the app says. But if you want I can buy a new set of batteries and retry.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DJHasis,

Have you removed the cameras from the vmb3500 and powered it down before attempting to sync to the SmartHub?

JamesC

DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor
I removed my cams from vmb3500, removed the ac cable and tried to connect the cams to vmb5000 but still the old cams can't connect.

Now when I tried to reconnect the old cams to old base it fails when naming devices. And now when I go back to mainview on the app I can see the cam already connected to vmb3500 with the old name.

Is there a reset button on these cams and does the vmb3500 also have a reset button?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DJHasis,

Given the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, I recommend that you contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested older camera on Ultra Hub.... no issues other than it requested a FW upgrade ( which it did ).

Did it via web prgm on Win10 computer

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation