Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart hub goes offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andy3189
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new smart hub, to replace my VMB4500. This hub goes offline sporadically, at least 20-30 times a day. The light flashes amber and all cameras/hub go offline in the app. It then returns online after several minutes. I have an extremely good mesh network with fast internet speeds. Also, for clarity, I have had no internet connection loss at all. 3 cameras currently connect are 2 x ultra and one wired video doorbell. Any ideas what I can do as I’m contemplating returning the base station but I have a total of 5 cameras (2 old pro 2 cameras in addition to the above) and can’t afford to replace my whole cctv system.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the smarthub directly connected to the router ethernet?  Or is it connected to a mesh satellite?

Andy3189
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried both as thought this may have been the cause. Same issue persists on both.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Also, it's conceivable it could be power glitches.  Perhaps wiggle the connector a bit, and see if that triggers it.  

You could potentially exchange it at the seller (just to make sure the return window doesn't end).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation