Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Hub VMB5000 now records for 5 minutes most motion trips after micro sd card install

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Installed a micro SD memory card in the VMB5000 Smart Hub, and now when the Ultra camera trips (senses motion) it now records most every instance with a 5 minute recording. It's been recording fine (stops the recording when motion stops) previously to installing SD card. Anyone have similar experience? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BTG wrote:

Installed a micro SD memory card in the VMB5000 Smart Hub, and now when the Ultra camera trips (senses motion) it now records most every instance with a 5 minute recording. It's been recording fine (stops the recording when motion stops) previously to installing SD card. Anyone have similar experience? Thanks.

FWIW, I'm not seeing this on either of my two base stations.  They both have microSD cards installed, and the camera rules are set to record until motion stops.  Most recordings are in the 10-20 second range.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the hub and maybe reinsert the camera batteries to get to a known state.

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Reset the hub and pulled out battery and reinserted. Still get a 5 minute record every once in a while well after motion has stopped.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BTG

Have you tried to disarm/re-arm or remove & re-create the custom rule (if applicable). You can also try to remove the camera under Settings > My Devices > Re-add it. 

If this issue still occurs, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation