Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Since the firmware update December 12th we CANNOT view or even see our Library of events

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lorraine5711
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the firmware update December 12th we CANNOT view or even see our Library of events when we are out. This update also changed the time zone to about 12 hours behind us, so the date is also out by a day. After countless emails explaining this problem, Arlo do not seem interested in fixing THEIR problem. We are now looking at purchasing Eufycam3 and have suggested to many to buy Eufy over Arlo. I certainly expected a lot more when paying so much for this system. NOT HAPPY

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lorraine5711,

Were you using direct access to local storage to view your locally stored content? If so, you may need to set up local storage again

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

JamesC

Lorraine5711
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help, yes we were and tried setting it all up again but nothing changed. The time zone is still out by abut 12 hours and so have decided to purchase Eufy 3C security cam which doesn't require ANY subscriptions now as Arlo have been not helpful at all.

MrD2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly  Arlo’s  new end of life policy will render cameras obsolete and non-functionable soon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obsolete, yes (welcome to electronics evolution), but not non-functional, at least for some time to come. If you have a subscription, you will still have cloud recordings and other features but over time (who knows when?) new products/features won't be available to old cameras. At some point, all support may well disappear but I'd guess that's well into the future.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation