Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RickySw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I’m new here and have some questions I’m hoping someone can help with.

Can you view video images whilst still recording?

Is there a time stamp which can be viewed on the screen and if so, is it in seconds?

Is an internet connection required constantly? Or is WiFi all that is needed?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickySw,

1.) Yes, there is a manual recording feature that allows you to live stream and recording while watching the live feed.

2.) A timestamp is associated with library recordings that are saved in the cloud. This is not present on the live stream.

3.) Arlo is a cloud based system and requires an internet connection to detect and record content to the library. 

JamesC

RickySw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, should have been more clear.

Will I be able to 'rewind' to any point in the video feed and then return to the live viewing. How does buffering work? When 'rewinding' will it display the time stamp?

I am planning on using the camera for recording and reviewing marathon running and swimming finish lines. So I need to ensure that I can review at any point during the race to analyse close finishes. It must also continue recording, so that I do not miss any footage. The time stamp is required so that I can pin point a particular location which I need to review.

Thanks in advance

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RickySw,

Arlo cameras are designed for motion triggered activation. This means when motion is detected, they will start recording, resulting in a library clip after the recording is finished. You can then access the library and review that clip. You can also live stream the camera, but this doesn't allow you to "rewind" or go back within that live stream.

You may find that a CVR subscription (continuous video recording) is more in line with your needs . For more information on CVR, take a look here: What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation