Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sharing camera access Arlo pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lanceroehrig
Follower
Follower

Can someone assist.

set up Arlo pro 4. Went to people, added my wife, granted access to all cameras. She got the invite. Clicks invite. Signs in to her account but it takes her to the website with a page about subscription. How do we share our access to see the cameras. We do not have or need a subscription. All videos I’ve watched show it works without a subscription yet we can’t get it working. Seems to default to take us to Arlo subscription page.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lanceroehrig wrote:

Went to people, added my wife, granted access to all cameras. She got the invite. Clicks invite. 

Do you see the invite as accepted in your account?

@Lanceroehrig wrote:

How do we share our access to see the cameras. We do not have or need a subscription. 

Does your app show "Library" as a menu option?  Or does it show "Feed" instead?  What does your wife's app show?

The two accounts need to match (either both showing "Feed", or both showing "Library").  It is possible to migrate from "Library" to "Feed", but it is not possible to go from "Feed" to "Library".

BTW, if you use direct access to local storage to view recordings...  That only works in the primary account.  So your wife will not be able to see any recordings unless you get a subscription.  (Be careful here - she does NOT need the subscription. You would need to get it for the cameras if you want her to see recordings).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation