Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Rpeterslll
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am attempting to share a video from the Arlo app to a group of people through a text message. The link is generated and and sent but the recipients are unable to view the video. When I attempt to view it, it forces me to login to the Arlo site and brings be to account info. 

Should a shared link be accessible by anyone? How can I set it so it doesn't force a login to the Arlo site? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud release went out last night resolving this issue. Please let us know if you experience any further issues with shared library links.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JG2
Guide
Guide

Hello,
Recently, after the new app install, when I receive the email alert and 'click here" or play button to view video the arlo website appears. I am doing this on phone. Previously, videos played without problems.

JG2
Guide
Guide

ArloScreenshot.jpg

This is the image that appears once I click on video in email. Thank you for your assistance.

Allthe7s
Initiate
Initiate

As of 2 days ago the link within the mail just routes to My Arlo with a prompt to download Arlo apps from Play Store/Apple etc. On Android this is via the 'click here' or on clicking the still picture in iOS. 

The alerts are valid if you go and open app and then library separately and the mails are received but the 'click here' link from them doesn work on iOS or Android?

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same problem. But if I download the video then text it, it seems to work. All though it says the text failed I still got it and it played.
Rpeterslll
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also did this method, but texting the video severely compromised the quality of the video to my recipients. 

marenw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with my Arlo Q. I've shared many videos of my dog with my mom in the past, but now she gets this screen (attached) when she follows the shared links. She even got the app and set up an account, although she doesn't have an Arlo camera herself.

I did find the "grant access" feature in settings and added her on there. I assume this will let her see all videos captured, which is fine for my situation because it's my mom watching my dog but obviously wouldn't work for everyone!

Tvdood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same - am redirected to web page from mobile device that says get app, and click here to go to the Arlo website; when you get to the website you have to logon where you are immediately asked to update your credit card info and tells you what happened to your basic free plan, but you are never redirected to the ‘detected motion’ from the email alert.  I have the app, and I have been using email alerts to look at ‘detected motion’ - to redirect to cloud video clips, but this function is not working.  Is the Arlo team working on this issue?  Or is it a case of tough cookies unless you buy service?  I bought this partially because of the free 7day cloud service.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware of an issue with shared links not linking to the intended library content. The development team is working on a fix that should be available soon.

I will keep this thread updated with the latest information on this topic.

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
James, thanks for the info update.
JG2
Guide
Guide

This is while using an Android device. I have uninstalled Arlo app, rebooted device, and reinstalled Arlo app and still the same problem of being redirected to the Arlo login page occurs instead of being able to view the video.  Same problem as listed by others on this thread.

Thank you for the update...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud release went out last night resolving this issue. Please let us know if you experience any further issues with shared library links.

JamesC

Rpeterslll
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s working now. Thank you
JG2
Guide
Guide
Thank you for addressing and fixing the issue. All seems to be working correctly now.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation