Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up - network question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChickenOnToast
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just received my Arlo Ultra 3 camera set and I am about to set up. My question is: do the cameras connect with my home Wi-fi or to a separate network created by the hub? I plan to locate each camera on a separate building at home. They are several hundred feet apart. Each building has an access point providing internet connecting via long Ethernet cables ( buried from my main house to the other buildings). I have one Wi-fi network for all 3 buildings, but the Arlo hub will not reach the cameras on it’s own. Some advice on how the camera’s connect to the hub would be appreciated. Many thanks. Rupert.
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Ultra cams connect to the Hub on it's own "closed" wifi network. You can get a wifi or Powerline extender with a ethernet port to relocate the hub or a second hub but it seems you have additional ethernet connections if a second hub is needed.  I used a powerline extender to locate the hub in the middle of the house. 

ChickenOnToast
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. That’s really helpful. I think I will need 2 more hubs one for each building. Much appreciated.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation