Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

So yesterday afternoon my wife noticed there were no vids even though people had been in and out all day. This is an Arlo VMB5000 and a number of Arlo pros, Android App version 3.6.9_28472 released 08/30/22

It turns out the schedule is no longer working such that instead of having the scheduled mode on, it shows "Disarmed". And it is indeed disarmed with no vids. Turning a specific mode on does work.

I changed nothing prior and the schedule and all modes have not changed for years, it just suddenly stopped working. What's going on Arlo?

I'll add that the Schedule showed disarmed on both mine and my wife's phone so this is likely a back end thing rather than hardware or app.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working on a resolution. For those that may be interested in testing the fix, please reach out to me in a private message and we can get started on the next steps. This will involve new firmware that we expect to be available to start testing early next week.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that users experiencing this behavior manually set their system to "Armed" or "Disarmed" as desired and not use schedule until the fix is available.

JamesC

75 REPLIES 75
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the information. The dev team is now reviewing these reports.

JamesC

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesCSeriously James this kind of junk has been going on for years. Is there no testing before releasing firmware updates? My schedule is broken too, obviously, disarming cameras when they shouldn't be.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, I completely agree. Look, people paid hundreds or thousands of $$$ and also paying for a subscription to services that DO NOT work! Not to mention that the so called "ARLO STATUS" page shows "ALL GOOD" and "No incidents reported" since months! Y'all think this is funny, or what??? And just QUIT acting like it's never Arlo's fault and tell the users it's THEIR stuff and give the standard "Advice" to perform "Fixes" you KNOW are not the problem!

seanut
Guide
Guide

@mcn2019  and others with this problem. I posted earlier about with a resolution for me. I just want to clarify. Do not use the web interface through a browser to try and fix this. I was only able to resolve this by using the mobile app. Of course, the mobile doesn't have a delete button like the web. So how do you delete? You have to go into schedule, UN-check all the days so that nothing is checked and then save that. That will cause a delete. After everything is cleared, re-add it all back.

I am convinced that Arlo is ignoring the web interface with the browser. Stuff just stops working. My battery levels are always wrong. But I hate trying to view my videos on a 3" screen. It isn't useful.

njibo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on the resolution of this issue?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In my case, this seems to affect my system in such a way that only one camera remains 'armed', whereas the others disarm themselves. When going to schedule, I too see 'disarmed'. However, this seems to be after some time: initially the system is armed and then something triggers it to disarm itself. I thought my password was compromised and so I changed it, but this seems to be the issue with the system itself.

How is all that possible in a system that is branded as 'security'? Is Arlo actually looking to redefine the meaning of 'security camera'/'security system'?

There are constantly some issues every time there is a new update. How is that possible for a company that brands itself as serious about security? 

Randall_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

After years of successful operation, my smart hubs' mode is jumping from "Schedule" to "Disarmed".   This has happened 3 times in the last week.    Models VMB4540 and VMB5000, firmware 1.20.0.3_1322_a114662  

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Actually, my problem is more complex. My cameras get switched off (device off) after a change in schedules. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

As a workaround have you tried deleting and rebuilding the schedule mode?

Out of interest can you recall which arlo app was used to originally create the schedule?

Randall_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

The schedule was defined years ago and has operated perfectly until this week.  But the makeup of the schedule is immaterial.   The mode is jumping to "Disabled" at one level above that, from "Schedule".    

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working on a resolution. For those that may be interested in testing the fix, please reach out to me in a private message and we can get started on the next steps. This will involve new firmware that we expect to be available to start testing early next week.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that users experiencing this behavior manually set their system to "Armed" or "Disarmed" as desired and not use schedule until the fix is available.

JamesC

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@seanut, I took your advice, but took it a step further. I used the app and took just one day off a scheduled mode, saved it and then added the day back and saved it again. I didn't make any other changes. So far it works and I even can change modes in the browser and then back to schedule and it still works. However I will refrain from editing the schedule in the browser until things are fixed. I hope we get the problem with the wrong battery status in the browser fixed as well.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

JamescThanks for the update.

I'm really hoping this includes the fix for cams going off line as well? This seems to be related as @Edinburgh_lad1 is having the same/similar issue where the cams go off line. ATM I have all 5 cams (4xUlta 1 and 1xPro) not working. ie I have the system set to "Armed" but they're not recording videos at all and if I go into the app, they appear normal in that each cam shows a still of the last video capture but if I try to stream, all cams change to "Offline". This to me is a more pressing and potentially bigger issue because of it's randomness if not identified.

FWIW, I also have separate arlo pro system that has been set to a static mode (ie not scheduled) throughout this ordeal and it has remained stable and working.

I also appreciate that they are testing the fix before rolling it out but shouldn't this be roll *back* time?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

About 15 minutes after my last post we suddenly had a bunch of notifications for videos from *one* of my 4 Ultra cameras. All the other Ultras are now consistently showing "Your Arlo device appears offline." By consistently, I mean, earlier today, in the app, they would appear OK until you tried to stream then they'd all go offline but now they go to offline just after you open the app and stay offline. This is progress I guess 🙂

The one pro in the system is now also online and working but it had a very low battery which may have something to do with it. It is now on charge and online in the app and working.

Update: Since I wrote the above, I power cycled one of the Ultras and it has come on line, I'll do the others soon, as they are a bit hard to reach. @Edinburgh_lad1 this may help your issue?

It may or may not be relevant so throwing in FYI: the one Ultra camera that appeared to be suddenly work has not been rebooted in the last few weeks because it's solar charged where as the others were rebooted with battery changes in the last few weeks.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

In my case none of my 6 cameras record any movement. The entire system is disarmed by itself. No way to arm. I cannot even reach to my base station. How can I manually arm the system where there’s no base station. 
so Arlo is going to keep it this way for a week? What kind of security is this? It’s a shame

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC there's never an apology from Arlo. Ever. 

How can you JamesC be on this forum and not feel embarrassed for your company in any way or form is really beyond my belief. If it was a off-problem with this system, I could understand. But it's constant. Every firmware/software update introduces a new issue (while not fixing an existing one). 

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I thought I should add an update as to where I'm at: Yesterday after rebooting all my offline cameras, they all remained up and working overnight on Armed mode however after I disarmed them this morning, to put a camera back that I had been charging, then put the mode back to Armed, they all went off line again and after several hours, are still off line.

I've recently power cycled one but that one and all the others remained off line. One thing I did notice though was that when they came back after a power cycle yesterday, the batteries had been fairly drained. The one I power cycled recently was quite warm so I'm guessing the cameras are working hard to try and reconnect. I suspect if/when we do get our systems back, there will be a lot of flat batteries so watch out for that as well.

@JamesCI really don't want to wait at least another week while the devs patch the current firmware that their last patches utterly broke. Can we get a roll back or seriously discuss a subscription refund?

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Thank you for your effort and report. In my case I’ve tried everything and the more I do the worst it gets! All my 6 pro2 cameras are online on the mobile app, offline on the web browser. 4 of my cameras are solar powered but the all three show wrong status. They show charging at night and battery percentage is totally wrong! And “mode” tab is blank…
no recordings since 9/14. In  other words $1400 system down the tube. And Arlo don’t care. I come from a computer background and rolling back the firmware works most of the time in computers but I’m sure it will work 💯 in our case! 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@Unclevacho, it's not just the money spent on equipment, it's a PAID SUBSCRIPTION as well. It's not like we're getting a FREE SERVICE.

CDRK
Star
Star

I am having the same issue - two modes on my schedule that switch between daytime and nighttime modes in the schedule - daytime will be active but when the schedule is supposed to switch to nighttime mode it goes to disarmed.  For a while it was the other way around (nighttime mode would be active, but at the scheduled time the system goes to disarmed instead of the daytime mode).  Has anyone got any solution or response from Arlo?  If I go on vacation I can't manually switch between the modes, I rely on the schedule to work.  Is Arlo doing anything about this?  Can't talk to anyone about it and I don't think I should have to pay for Arlo support for an issue caused by them.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Open the Schedule on the phone app, then make a small change and save it. Then go back and change it back to what it was before and save it again. Should work correctly then.

Grambo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have had my cameras set on schedule for a very long time only to have them now automatically turn off (disarmed). Steps i have taken so far but have not corrected:

- Used online web browser (non-mobile) and it is showing on schedule correctly. Cameras will still not activate though. If on mobile app, it is showing disarmed.

- re-done the schedule which worked for 1 day before turning back to disarmed. (i suspect this may have to do with an update possibly that doesn't change to the next day?)

- Checked all firmware is updated

- Reinstalled Arlo App

-Used other devices to confirm that still showing disarmed (when on schedule)

Next to attempt is:

Reboot Home Base and reconnect 1 camera. Others are very difficult to get to.

Arlo Pro 2

Thank you

CDRK
Star
Star

I tried changing the schedule and changing it back and it changed my daytime schedule to active but when it was time for the nighttime schedule to start, it went to disarmed (prior to making the change, my nighttime schedule would be active and the daytime schedule would be disarmed).  Maybe I need to make changes to the schedule for both modes?

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I was talking about the mode settings in the schedule. Modify the modes in your schedule. Make a small change to each and Dave it and then revert that change and save it again. But you must use the phone app to do it.

CDRK
Star
Star

Thanks, I will give it a try.