Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

So yesterday afternoon my wife noticed there were no vids even though people had been in and out all day. This is an Arlo VMB5000 and a number of Arlo pros, Android App version 3.6.9_28472 released 08/30/22

It turns out the schedule is no longer working such that instead of having the scheduled mode on, it shows "Disarmed". And it is indeed disarmed with no vids. Turning a specific mode on does work.

I changed nothing prior and the schedule and all modes have not changed for years, it just suddenly stopped working. What's going on Arlo?

I'll add that the Schedule showed disarmed on both mine and my wife's phone so this is likely a back end thing rather than hardware or app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working on a resolution. For those that may be interested in testing the fix, please reach out to me in a private message and we can get started on the next steps. This will involve new firmware that we expect to be available to start testing early next week.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that users experiencing this behavior manually set their system to "Armed" or "Disarmed" as desired and not use schedule until the fix is available.

JamesC

75 REPLIES 75
srpjnz
Initiate
Initiate

I am having this same issue as of only the past week.  I have deleted the schedule, recreated it, recreated a custom mode, yet still happens.  Rebooting does not work either.  This is a new issue only very recently, so something must have changed.

srpjnz
Initiate
Initiate

In the past week something has changed. Until then, I had a schedule set up to switch between ARMED and a custom mode.  This was working fine, and now, it ignores the custom mode, and goes straight into DISARMED mode. I have deleted the schedule, deleted the custom mode and recreated them.  I hav rebooted. But still it does this behaviour.  Has anyone any suggestions? 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. I'm pretty sure one of the mods is going to chime in soon to ask us to reboot, clear the cache or get in contact with support in a little while.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to add that my two vmb4000 Base stations were updated last night and with scheduled custom modes enabled, the cameras were disarmed. I also noticed that the other base was in geofencing away mode while I was still at home.

Toggling the mode settings for the Base station seemed to correct the issue.

Arlo needs to notify the customer when a firmware update occurs that informs them that a operational check is required on the customer part to ensure continued performance.

mcn2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Secure iPhone app is usually set to operate in Schedule Mode, with a "Daytime Setting" and a "Nighttime Setting" that have worked well for over a year.  Since a recent app update the Schedule Mode now only delivers the app's Disarmed Mode, instead of the custom Modes associated with each Setting.  In essence, Schedule Mode no longer recognized the schedule.  Per tech support I deleted the schedule and created a new one, without success.  Also reinstalled the iPhone app and rebooted the VMB5000 SmartHub, also without success.  Suggestions are appreciated!

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@Dannybear 

I tried toggling earlier from Schedule to another mode then back again and it seemed to stick for a minute then went blank (just the clock symbol) then Disabled.

I tried toggling again just now and it seems to be holding....

How can you tell if/when your base station was updated? There used to be a firmware updates web page somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

seanut
Guide
Guide

I am also having this issue. It has been 20 hours since that video recording. Rebooted the base station. Still broken. Set a camera to test mode. That works. Changed mode from Schedule to Armed. Now it works. Changed it back to Schedule, broken again.

Cannot get Schedule to work, no matter what I try. Really frustrating.

seanut
Guide
Guide

Found something that worked for me. Spoke with support and they had me delete all the settings in the Schedule Mode. If I made the changes from the phone app, it fixed the problem. When I did it from my computer, it was still broken.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

It seems to be OK now although when you look at the mode panel, the setting disappears for a few seconds then comes back which is a bit disconcerting.

Riöle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, is there an issue with the schedule mode not working? I have set the camera to be active from 00-06 in the morning and 20-23:59 at night, but I keep getting notifications all day. And when I look in the app the camera tells me it's active now at 9, is the something that I am missing?

Dannybear
Master
Master

@pjama 

I must admit that I don’t know exactly when the firmware is updated, only that when it plays up I can go to the camera or base station settings and look at the firmware version under info.

The moderators update the forum board for firmware releases within a few days but it is buried so see the link below.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes 

You can use the following link to access the latest new forum threads when they are posted to identify the latest discussions.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/category-id/Arlo  

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I spoke too soon. It's still broken.

I'll try the recreate mode thing that someone suggested tomorrow.

njibo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue!!! Arlo, please resolve ASAP.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting since mine continues to use the schedule properly. There was a recent SmartHub firmware update that possibly could have caused this but first try rebooting your hub.

Yager
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here as well, unplugs the base and still having the same problem. Ever since the firmware update

hmtjr
Tutor
Tutor

I'm also seeing a schedule mode problem.  Scheduling had worked fine for years, now app always reports mode as "disarmed", although it reports what I expect in the webui.  I can change it in either place, but app, if "schedule" mode is selected, reports the mode as "disarmed" rather the mode it should be in.  webui reports proper mode, but cameras do not react as expected.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Can you not hire some professionals who know how to code? And by the way the cookies problem is still happening as well. 

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@Dannybear thanks for the link to firmware releases. It seems Arlo pushed out an update for base station within a day or two before all this started.

Other subs are now reporting similar issues: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/App-and-webui-show-different-modes-schedule-not-being-follo...

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

OK I think we need some input from Arlo at this point: @JamesC can you chime in with what's going on?

My system is full on broken now.

Last evening when I changed mode  from "Schudule" to "Armed" my cams would show as off line for 1/2 a minute then appear to be back online but weren't really. Overnight I've had no recordings and I know there's been about at least 4 events that ordinarily would have ordinarily been recorded. If I try to live view a cam, they all go off line again for 1/2 a minute.

I soft rebooted the base station from the app last night. I hard rebooted it this morning by pulling the plug. The brokenness persists.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pjama,

Do you experience the same issues when using both the web client and the mobile app or is this behavior exclusive to one or the other?

JamesC

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesCI've been dealing exclusively with the android mobile app throughout.

Using the web client is still a pain because of new phone authorising issues reported a while back that arlo are still working on.

I can still try the web client if you want but given nothing is working ATM I really didn't want to dig this hole any deeper.

Update: Tried the web client, no videos since 5:30 yesterday and most of that time mode was set to Armed. Trying live view sends cams offline. Normally web client/FF Browser can't live view anyway because of resolution but doesn't kick cams to offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pjama,

Fair. If you edit the schedule, clearing all modes and then add them back for each day. Is the behavior the same?

JamesC

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesCI REALLY don't have time at this point to mess with the config too much as I need to go to work and TBH I'm a bit gun shy after having spent DAYS re-setting up configs I deleted to try and fix my new phone auth issue.

Aside from that, I have had the mode straight up set to "Armed" not schedule since last evening and getting no vids and cams going offline if I try live view. I don't think messing with schedule is going to change that. Sorry 😕

Edit: For me, at least, it's moved on from just a Mode/Schedule problem.