Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sc

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
He2022
Follower
Follower
This is a pitiful way to have to find out a simple one sentence question. I have two kinds of cameras and I want to know if they compatible with my base station. One camera is rechargeable the other one takes four double a batteries. I have been trying to find out for the last hour and a half from Arlo support. The guy I talk to know less about it than I do. Any help?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@He2022 wrote:
This is a pitiful way to have to find out a simple one sentence question. I have two kinds of cameras and I want to know if they compatible with my base station. One camera is rechargeable the other one takes four double a batteries. I have been trying to find out for the last hour and a half from Arlo support. The guy I talk to know less about it than I do. Any help?

This is a user-to-user forum, so we have no way to know what models you purchased.

The base station has a label on it that starts with VMB - please let us know what it says.

From the description, the camera with 4 batteries is a VMC3030 (also called the Arlo Wireless camera).  The batteries are not AA - they are CR123.

Does the other camera have a housing that opens?  If it does, please open it and remove the battery.  There will be a label inside.  It likely will say Arlo Pro or Pro 2.  It might also include a part number that starts with VMC.  Let us know what you find. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Additionally you can find the base station compatibility list here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation