Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have suddenly lost the ability to switch between cloud and SD card in the library. The dropdown that allows switching between cloud and local recordings is no longer displayed. I pulled the SD card off the VMB5000 and I can see that the clips have been correctly saved. So it's just not showing up in the app.

What I did so far:

1. Updated to the latest version of the app. Currently running 2.18.1_28070 on Android 9.X. Checked on another phone with  Android 10 and that too was the same. 

2. Rebooted the base station from the app

3. Pulled the plug on the base station and waited about a minute and plugged in (suggested in the forums)

4. Cleared Android app cache and storage

5. Formatted the SD card through the app

I have six Arlo Ultra cameras connected to the VMB5000, and I'm on a monthly Smart Premier 2K plan. I pay 17 AUD per month to keep this system running, and given the expensive price tag, I expect things to work properly.  Can someone please tell me how I can get this option back? It's so frustrating!

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to sort out the issue by performing the following steps:

1. Force Stop the Arlo App

2. Clear App Cache and Storage 

3. Uninstall the Arlo App

4. Reboot the device

5. Go to the Google Play Store and Install the Arlo App

6. Sign in to the app

And there it was again! 😊

Arlo App Working.jpg

Steps 1 and 2 are probably not necessary, but I thought it might not delete all the files if the app was open at the time of uninstalling, and I'm not sure if cache and local storage is wiped when you uninstall an app on Android, so I did that first anyway. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Have you checked the port forwarding on the hub and the router?

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen this on occasion. A force close and reopening of the app fixes it.

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant
@michaelkenward It's disabled at the moment. I'm on the local network, so I should be able to access the local storage without any port forwarding rules. I never had port forwarding enabled originally, and it used to work. My network setup hasn't changed.

@jguerdat, I have force closed the app many times without success. This is happening on two different phones.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey D4vy,

Is this happening on the web client on your computer as well? Could you provide a screenshot that shows the issue you're experiencing?

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP ,  Yes,  it happens on the web client on my computer when I access it from my home network as well.  I have shared screenshots below.

Mobile App Screenshot (Android 9.X on OnePlus 6T):

Arlo App.jpg

Web Client (Google Chrome)

My Arlo.png

Local Storage Settings:

Local Storage.png

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

> Is this happening on the web client on your computer as well?

SDCard access is not available from a computer browser, only device apps. I'd *really* like to see it though @JessicaP  🙂

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to sort out the issue by performing the following steps:

1. Force Stop the Arlo App

2. Clear App Cache and Storage 

3. Uninstall the Arlo App

4. Reboot the device

5. Go to the Google Play Store and Install the Arlo App

6. Sign in to the app

And there it was again! 😊

Arlo App Working.jpg

Steps 1 and 2 are probably not necessary, but I thought it might not delete all the files if the app was open at the time of uninstalling, and I'm not sure if cache and local storage is wiped when you uninstall an app on Android, so I did that first anyway. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation