Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jason_ca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I searched the discussions about similar issues of recording not appearing in library, but not sure if it's exactly I'm experiencing, in my case I got alerts and recordings in library most of the time, but it keeps missing alerts and recordings in library of events every day, for example I just checked the SD card today, there were 3 events triggered between 3:00 and 3:30pm and video clips recorded in local SD card, but in library I only see 2 recordings and I didn't get the alert on my phone either for the 3rd event.  Also checked my base firmware version is the latest 1.14.0.7_95_8e49ec9.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using zones ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jason_ca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm using activity zones,  the missing event did happen inside the zone.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

keep in mind when using both SD cards and the cloud service that anytime the connection to the server is lost either on your end or the other it will record to the card but not the cloud.  FB, games, news, Hulu they all lose the connection sometimes, some more often than others.  

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
True, but in some way there should be some synchronization between them. If its not possible to synchronize it too the cloud, why not showing a link to the local savings of the missed recording. Tips for you arlo team 😁
Jason_ca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, links to local recordings will be great, also there should be a way to review recordings in SD cards without removing it from the base.

And I don't think it's connection issue, after reading the comment about using zones, I deleted the zone last night and I got 70 false alarms and all are recorded in library, all of them are marked as "Motion" detected, examined  some of the clips, looks like they were triggered by small movements of tree leaves or bugs flying around, the sensitivity is left at default 80%; I thought it might be due to the smart alerts settings, so I turned off "All Other Motion", but apparently it affects only the alerts on the phone because I received 3 alerts that were triggered by person, which is correct, but when look at the library I'm still seeing other recordings triggered by "Motion", anyway it seems like the camera itself is responding correctly to movements inside of the view but just too sensitive, I will reduce the sensitivity and keep monitoring the alerts,  I think the Zone settings somehow is messing up with adding recordings to cloud library.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

A lot of people are having this issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Camera-recording-but-no-video-on-portal-New-thread/td-p/171...

After weeks of back and forth with support, they have decided that it's a hardware problem and are sending me a replacement base station.

Jason_ca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like it's now working well without this Activity Zone setup, I lowered the sensitivity to 50% yesterday, so far there is no missing recordings,  of course I'm seeing  a few more events triggered by moving leaves as it's windy today.  I doubt if there are some kind of conflicts when the "Activity Zone" is enabled, which caused failure of sending recording to cloud library.

According to Arlo: 

When motion is detected, your camera sends video to the cloud for processing to determine if motion occurred in the Cloud Activity Zones that you created. When your camera is operating on battery power, you might notice your battery depleting more than usual even though you don’t have many of recordings in your library.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation