Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bigpoes
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, long shot but a camera mounted fairly high up and inaccessible without a ladder has dropped off followed by me removing it (in error).

Is there anyway to re sync this camera (plugged in using outdoor cable through wall) without getting up there and taking it off? The ladder is at a friends and we are in lock down. 

Stay safe

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery also installed even though it's on AC power? If not, unplug the power and start the steps to sync. When instructed to insert the battery, plug the power back in and proceed. If the battery is installed, I suspect you're going to have to remove both the cable and battery to be able to start the sync process.

Bigpoes
Tutor
Tutor

Ah didn't even realise you could run without a battery, great shout thanks. I will need to ladder up and replace but will trial with a mobile one 🙂

Bigpoes
Tutor
Tutor

So I finally got a ladder up to resync the problem ultra unit. 

On taking the black unit out there was bluey green residue on the connectors suggesting moisture I suppose. I managed to resync, (after the usual inevitable inexplicable starts and stops of connectivity despite being super close to the unit etc etc). I decided to swap the dodgy unit with one that has worked fine and is my mobile one for outside areas. Installed up high and working ok for a few hours....unit I turned the mains power outdoor unit on I have had passed through the wall. 

Get the charger connection issue error and it goes haywire. What is odd is the unit was at 90 odd% but had been sitting there on for months, I suppose with no recording this could be a dormant use vs the charge providing charge. 

The units were all installed in their casing properly, I spend a chunk of time and $ getting the outdoor cables installed so I could install out of reach for them to apparently not be weather proof. Layering on the more often than not video and sound lag within perfect internet/wireless environment, recording being triggered too many seconds after and action Im a bit peeved to be honest. 

Can anyone also explain why viewing streams through the HomeKit is often perfect whereas the Arlo app plays like its using '99 dial up?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation