Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ausmediacam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wanting to post this in hope of ARLO SENIOR MANAGEMENT stepping in and fixing this mess.

It seems your human team can't manage to conduct basis skill sets of communication in relation to our matter. We are fed up with Arlo's refusal to take responsabilty - we demand a resolution urgently.

Background:

After countless problems with 2 of our Ultra cameras we finally obtained an RMA from Arlo, consisting of two RMA numbers for each defective camera.

We followed all RMA instructions and clicked the Standard postage option (no extra charge). The instructions CLEARLY STATED that if we used our own courier, to confirm with Arlo the tracking details  - which we did.

We then paid for express post with tracking and the cameras arrived to the Arlo logistics warehouse Site ID 105022 on the 28th June, ONE DAY after we sent them. (Perth to Sydney in 24hrs via AusPost Express).

On the 30th June Arlo's logistics provider Brightstar Logistics starts sending us multiple empty return post satchels, yet we never asked or ticked this box.

Our package sent to the warehouse, which was SIGNED FOR by the warehouse is described below:

* Our package had BOTH RMA numbers written clearly all over the box in black marker

* it also has TWO COPIES of each formal RMA paperwork from Arlo

*EACH CAMERA has the RMA number written on the white cover in BLACK MARKER in large font.

It was impossible for anyone to be confused unless you are perhaps a non-human.

An arlo agent ran our tracking number and confirmed in writing our package shows it was signed for at their warehouse and we should expect to see our 2 replacement Ultra cameras  within 2-4 days from the 28th June.

On the 1st July we had no response and the RMA system shows our cameras have not been sent or received.

It is now 13th JULY - TWO WEEKS LATER and we keep getting told the SAME STORY every day that Arlo is 'awaiting a response from their warehouse team'. I can only assume they are writing letters in the post and awaiting a response, or we are being lied to. 

It is TWO WEEKS since our cameras are evidenced to have arrived at the Arlo returns warehouse, so why can't Arlo send

Our cameras are ALREADY approved for direct replacement, so why havent they been sent?

Why is it we can manage to post Arlo our defective products AT OUR OWN COST in 24hrs, yet Arlo cannot provide me with replacement goods or even a status update after TWO WEEKS within Australia  - all the while our security system is down by 50%.

The customer service recieved has been outright unacceptable, we will be lodging a complaint with Consumer Protection in our state.

We purchased Ultra cameras thinking they were the top of the line system with great support - our experience has proven the direct opposite to this.

Case ID 43087090

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor experience. I've reviewed your case notes and have escalated your case requesting a status update. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Ausmediacam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear JamesC - what is taking so long?

It's now 6 days since Arlo said we would be provided an update, instead we are provided another lengthy email full of excuses and apology yet we are told nothing factual.

21 Days have now passed since Arlo received our cameras to their Sydney warehouse.

Where are our pre-approved replacement cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ausmediacam,

I apologize for the delay. I've requested a status update on your case. Please stay tuned for an update on your support ticket.

JamesC

Ausmediacam
Aspirant
Aspirant

James you have been saying the same thing for over a week since I posted this - this is very simple to fix if someone actually took  responsability.

I demand Arlo escalate this to an actual decision making employee.

We have been told the same story for 3 weeks that Arlo "will look into it" or that Arlo has "requested an update'" yet days later we are simply told the exact same thing.

* Arlo received our defective cameras at your Sydney warehouse on the 28th of JUNE

* Arlo said on the 29th JUNE we would receive our new cameras within 2-4 days. That was over THREE WEEKS ago.

We will never be buying or recommending Arlo again to our commercial network, you have lied to us, can't provide a reasonable resolution in a timely manner and trying to speak to an actual decision maker is impossible.

Where are our replacement cameras we are legally entitled to?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ausmediacam,

Your case was already escalated at your request. I've been informed that tracking information is available for your RMA and you should be receiving that information via email and within your support ticket shortly. I will reach out to you with a private message with the tracking info i've been given. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation