Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RMA Arlo Ultra Cameras, what should I ship back?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tatanka1201
Aspirant
Aspirant

For whatever reason, now that I have my RMA numbers, I can't for the life of me get a chat session or email back from Arlo.

I have two Arlo Ultra cameras going back for different issues (one motion detection failure, the other constant offline issue). I chose the standard swap option. What all should I include in the return? I know it says no cables, manuals and all that good stuff. Should I ship back the camera with housing and battery? Or just the interal camera portion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I honestly didn’t think about that just the camera or the “skin” “body” too. But I sent back the main camera and the housing together to make it look like the whole camera. The white over the main housing. If you were in contact with them I’m assuming they sent you a shipping label then? If not you should call their support as it’s open 24/7 and give them your case number from your first time calling.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I literally just did an exchange today because one of my ultras had a rainbow glare on it when it would be pointing at external lights. Everything from customer service to receiving was quick. I called on may 3rd which was Friday and received the replacement camera today May 8th. What you do is only send back the cameras with the issues and with NO battery in it or anything else. Just the cameras nothing else with it . With the new cameras the box it was in is bubble wrapped, just use the bubble wrap that should of came and just wrap up your messed up cams with the bubble wrap and put on the new shipping label that should of been in the box, and send it back out at your nearest FedEx drop off. That’s what I did hope this helped. (Btw the customer service told me to only send back the camera and nothing else with it that includes no battey)
Tatanka1201
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, I appreciate the reply. So when you say just the camera, not the white housing with it? I chose the option where I ship mine first and then they will send me new ones.

Gotta say, initial customer service was outstanding, think I'm just picking a busy time to try and get a hold of them again. Thanks again for the help.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I honestly didn’t think about that just the camera or the “skin” “body” too. But I sent back the main camera and the housing together to make it look like the whole camera. The white over the main housing. If you were in contact with them I’m assuming they sent you a shipping label then? If not you should call their support as it’s open 24/7 and give them your case number from your first time calling.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't take the camera apart! Just remove the battery and send it back.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation