Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rlbnkk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

When my 1 year free subscription expired, my Ultra cameras lost the ability to record or take video manually. The buttons for those options are missing from the video feed screen. They are still present for my pro 2 cameras. Is this expected behavior after the subscription ended? I looked at the support article, and it does not say.

Additionally, the activity zone for at least one of my Ultra cameras stopped working as well. It worked perfectly fine prior to the end of the plan. The camera is plugged in, and the support articles indicate activity zones for plugged in cameras should continue to work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rlbnkk,

When live streaming 4K content, the record and snapshot buttons will not be available. You may have local 4K live streaming enabled, resulting in these buttons not being present when live streaming.

You can toggle off local 4K live streaming within your camera settings, take a look here: How do I stream in 4K with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rlbnkk,

Without a subscription plan, Ultra cameras will not record to the cloud and will not benefit from Arlo Smart features. The buttons for manual recording and snapshots on Arlo Ultra will not appear in your live stream without a subscription.

To continue benefiting from Arlo Smart features and receiving cloud recordings, consider purchasing a subscription to Arlo Smart that fits your needs. For more information on subscriptions, take a look here: Arlo Smart

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rlbnkk wrote:
, the activity zone for at least one of my Ultra cameras stopped working as well. It worked perfectly fine prior to the end of the plan. The camera is plugged in, and the support articles indicate activity zones for plugged in cameras should continue to work.

Maybe try deleting the activity zones and recreating them.

@Rlbnkk wrote:

When my 1 year free subscription expired, my Ultra cameras lost the ability to record or take video manually. The buttons for those options are missing from the video feed screen. 

Have you switched to direct access to local storage? https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Note this can only be used with the apps, not the web clients.

Rlbnkk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I paid for a subscription, but still the manual record option is intermittently missing. It will show sometimes, and other times it will not. Is this a known problem? I also have the 2k badge recording issue on my locally stored files.

The record option has always shown for my pro 2 cameras, both with and without a subscription.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rlbnkk,

When live streaming 4K content, the record and snapshot buttons will not be available. You may have local 4K live streaming enabled, resulting in these buttons not being present when live streaming.

You can toggle off local 4K live streaming within your camera settings, take a look here: How do I stream in 4K with my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Rlbnkk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, that helps. After disabling 4k live stream the record option returned. Thanks again!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation