Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push to talk connection failed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MMangum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo 4K UHD wire free security camera system, model number VMS 5440 (which wasn't even an option to choose from in the drop down menu for this forum), and out of the couple weeks that I've had it I've had maybe a day or two of problem free use. The microphone will not connect to any of them for two-way communication, I just keep getting the "connection failed tap this to retry" message. This morning I called customer service to try to discuss this problem, and I've been 10th caller in the queue for almost an hour.
Is this seriously the quality of product and customer service this company is known for?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MMangum

Does this occur over Wi-Fi and mobile data and the web portal?

MMangum
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I've tried all the suggestions offered online. I've looked at all the troubleshooting solutions. I've done a hard restart from unplugging from the router to recharging and disconnecting/reconnecting the batteries.
When I try to connect to the camera sometimes there is a delay also. But since the first couple days of usage, I will try to connect to use the two-way talk feature and it will not connect at all.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MMangum

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41867820 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation