Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Ultra 4-camera set but cannot do 4k recording until Elite package is purchased?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neopravin
Follower
Follower

Arlo Team,
I have been using Arlo Pro-2 user for the past few years, Arlo is known for their free on cloud recording features, hence decided to buy the top of the line cameras for my small business.

I have purchased 2 sets for Arlo Ultra (4 camera sets) around 2 months and just installed one due to time constrain. It appears Arlo is internationally hiding facts and misleading customers and also selling flawed products.

- Cameras are 4k capable, but it will never do 4k recording till the customer buy an additional Elite package
o On the box during selling, Arlo marketing team says 4k recording and one-year subscription included, however, it never says anywhere that it is not doing 4k recording
o It also misleads and misguides customers stating "one-year recording subscription is included", but never mentions that its not a 4k recording and it’s a 1080p recording.
o Anywhere during the entire sales cycle and even post-sales customers will not be aware that for 4k recordings they will need to but separate plans….
o NO were on the box Or documents included says that the product will be doing 1080p recording and NOT 4k, for 4k recording they should buy additional separate plans packages.

With that been said, I am extremely concerned about the integrity and intent of Arlo
- How Arlo protects customer privacy and not access its customer video recording on their cloud and none of their employees have the authority to access customer's personal videos?.
- What is the access process for customers data and video recording
- How does Arlo protects customers personal information and personal videos form internal and external theft
- how do customer ensure that Arlo does not sell Or share customers personal information and their video recordings to its partners Or affiliates

These are some serious concerns on the integrity of Arlo, for misguiding, misleading and keeping customers in dark also sell a flawed product.

Please escalate this case

Thanks
Pravin

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Pravin,

In regards to your question about privacy, please refer to our Privacy Policy: Arlo: Commitment to Privacy

And let me send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation