Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BC_Innkeeper
Guide
Guide

Using Arlo Ultras(Just purchased)

So there's no way for me to create a public live stream of any of my cameras?!?!?!?

If this was a feature I'd happily pay.......please for the love of god tell me this is something Arlo is working on! 

TAKE MY MONEY!!!! 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BC_Innkeeper,

There is no way to provide a publicly accessible live stream. With Arlo cameras, you must be logged in to the mobile app to view a live stream. This ability can be shared with others through the Grant Access feature, but they would also need their own accounts and permissions to do this. For more information on how this can be done, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

BC_Innkeeper
Guide
Guide

Thats nuts its something many of us would happily pay for and the technology is there, this has been a basic fundamental function of webcams for over decade. 

Again we would pay for this, depending on how they implement remote SD card access(which we've been promised, where is it?) we may be able to stream right from the base station SD but I would rather pay for a streaming URL from a cloud service as to not impact my home bandwidth. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BC_Innkeeper wrote:

Thats nuts its something many of us would happily pay for and the technology is there, this has been a basic fundamental function of webcams for over decade. 

It's not a feature I would want in a security camera, and I suspect there are people here who wouldn't buy the cameras if that feature were included (even if they could set up their system to not use it).  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation