Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
carton_knife
Follower
Follower

Hello Arlo Support,

[Please don't tell me to extend range by getting one more Ultra smart hub; it won't work for my application.]

I am a new user, and only went with your system because you charge the most outrageous price tag for your equipment and for your cloud subscriptions, so I figured you must have a better shot at delivering proper user experience. See, I don't have much time in my life, so have to pay with $$$ (which is OK as long as the service is there).

Now, users have been asking Arlo for over 5 years for a proper outdoor unit.

Why can't Arlo work with their once parent company, Netgear, who already have an outdoor unit: https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50y.aspx to make it work with Arlo Ultra?

My property goes quite far, and I need a proper _outdoor_ weather-protected unit to extend the signal. Please make your solution complete. Without an outdoor extender unit it is incomplete. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@carton_knife wrote:

Why can't Arlo work with their once parent company, Netgear, who already have an outdoor unit: https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50y.aspx to make it work with Arlo Ultra?

Because that would annoy every other maker of network systems and would tie Arlo to a company with which it has had no direct connection for near-on two years.

@carton_knife wrote:

Hello Arlo Support,

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies. But they probably have little influence on corporate policy

@carton_knife wrote:

Please make your solution complete. Without an outdoor extender unit it is incomplete. Thanks.

One to add here?

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

You will find that the idea has been knocking around for some time.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation