Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mihnea
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I bought today the Arlo Ultra and i am extremely disappointed. The motion sensor does not see me in more then 5-6 meters. I have also an Arlo HD and it’s better then the Ultra. The sensor detects even in 10 meters. The video quality of the Ultra it’s the best....but for what good if it doesn’t detect. And i don’t receive notifications from the app when the alarm is triggered. Also it doesn’t record in the library as the Arlo HD does.
And the record button from the live image seems it has disappeared to.
I attach a picture from 10 meters hight, the same spot where the Arlo HD trigger the sensor even in the dark.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mihnea,

Positioning plays an important role in whether or not your Arlo camera can detect and record motion. Take a look at this article for tips on positioning for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

For Ultra to save recordings to the library, you must have a subscription plan. To have a subscription plan, the system must be set up in an eligible country. For more information on subscription plans and where they are available, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Mihnea
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. Than i want to see the list with the eligible countrys ( that you don’t have). The list should not be the same with the “ Worldwide Service Plan Pricing”.
Plan Pricing it’s a different thing.
I have also an Arlo HD that works great in Romania. It saves recordings in the library and the app gives me notifications when the sensor is triggered. The Arlo 4k does nothing of the above.
I,v remove the cameras from the app and then install them again. I have remove the device from the app and install it again. Nothing.... no notifications.
Or the device was defective...or you have an app error.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mihnea,

Given the issues you are experiencing, I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to inquire further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Please let me know if you need assistance opening a case.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation