Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems getting replacement Ultra camera for a 3-week old camera that o-ring failed

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

All

I been having problems with getting a replacement Ultra camera for a 3 week old Ultra camera that the o-ring failed when we had a heavy rain storm. I purchased a 4 camera system from Best Buy in June. All 4 cameras synced without a problem. I have spend about 20 hours waiting and talking to Arlo techs (4 different ones to date) on the phone and we tried just about everything you can thing of. It also very frustrating  to be told less than truthful things. Last night a tech took my number down because he said that it would take time to discuss my request for a new retail camera vs sending a third refurbished one. I didn’t want a third refurbished camera that wouldn’t sync and have to call back and hear that I was the “x” person in the queue... again. Tech said he would call me back. I got no call. Phone never rang. I was on the phone for 3 hours with him. That’s a fact. My phone never rang. I sat right next to phone. I called back next day (today) and there were no resolutions in my case number file. I again requested a new retail camera. Was told “yes” I would get one new retail camera sent, have called warehouse. I got the tracking email and the reference number is vmc5040-10000B just like two previous tracking emails. I believe that’s the refurbished item number. The item number for new Ultra camera is vmc5040-100nas I believe. The two previous emails I was told the cameras were refurbished ones. They have same number. Tech today said he would send me an email so I can troubleshoot directly with him (If needed) and I wouldn’t have to call back and wait for a hour or more before I talk to someone. I never got the email. I looked many times today.

We tried if I can remember all of them methods (See below) but both replacement cameras act exactly the same. Won’t sync. Only blue light comes on when power applied for a second or so. I also get a click. All syncing was done very close to bridge/hub. A few feet away. I even tried to sync inches away (less than a foot). Bridge/hub blue light does blink when expected.

1) Sync by putting battery in camera. Also tries power cable and swapping out a of working camera battery. Refurbished camera won’t sync didn’t matter. Others existing camera all worked with any battery I have. Also tried power cable and battery refurbished camera won’t sync. Tried just power cable won’t sync.

2) Blue light on refurbished camera does come on but that’s it. Both act the same.

3) tried manual sync by pushing sync on Refurbished cameras. No blue lights comes on. Tried holdIng sync Button for short and long periods of time. Long over a minute... I was told by one of the technicians the blue light should of come on. Both replacement camera acted the same no blue light. No light period.

4) turned off bridge/ hub many times and repeated all methods of syncing. Refurbished camera will not sync.

5) left Refurbished/replacement camera next to bridge/hub hoping it would sync. It clicked every two or three minutes all night long. I heard it all night. Didn’t sleep.

6) deleted a Ultra camera that I had and re-synced it... no problem. I did that today. Bridge/ hub works. The camera I re-synced was more than 50 feet away.

7) I tried 3 different devices Using Arlo app, Dell Laptop, iPad, and an iPhone. Refurbished cameras won’t sync.

I would of return my Arlo camera system but I was passed  the 15 days period that Best Buy has.

Any ideas of how I can get a new retail camera that works? Any like camera would be fine but my confidence is very low on a refurbished one. The item number should be vmc5040-100nas I believe. I believe it’s a version issues so my best hope is a new retail camera. Like the ones I have!

JimmyDe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyDe
Guide
Guide
7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure how long Best Buy exchange or return policy is but have you tried them since you purchased them in June.  Edit:  Disregard I missed that part in the long post. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JimmyDe,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to your talk with the support team.

JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

Best Buy standard return policy is 15 days. I have also made multiple calls to local store nobody answers. Called support multiple times and was told to leave a call back number but nobody calls back. I did get 1 call back and line was dropped and that was it. Tried app but app said to late.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JimmyDe 

You need to delete you personal information here in forum. this is public. Speak to Jessica in a person message the envelope  at the top right. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok just saw it was deleted. 

JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

All -

Just got my third I believe refurbished replacement camera and it won't sync just like some of the other community members have reported. It acts exactly like the other two refurbished cameras. Tech support promise me a new retail camera but I believe it was a refurbish one. Had item number vmc5040-10000B on box with serial number. Just like other refurbished camera I have gotten.

Any ideals?

We know the following.

1) No power issues.

2) Very close to Hub, and I know hub works has synched 5 cameras (New Retails ones) recently. Blue light on hub blinks when synching or tiring too refurbish cameras.

3) Sync button on refurbishes camera appears not to work. No blue light.

4) Tried 3 different browsers and computers.

5) Followed all troubleshooting tips from Arlo Techs.

6) Tried 3 refurbished cameras to date, all won't synch.

JimmyDe
Guide
Guide

I just tried again to synch my refurbished camera and it worked!

Thanks all.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation