Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I have started my ultra trip 🙂

I have today 3 base stations (VMB4000r3) and 9 arlo pro 2 cameras and I use geofencing to trigger the alarms. When I am home I use a schedule pointing to manual created mode and when i am away i use the original armed.  We are 4 members in the geofencing, 2 android and 2 IOS. Yesterday i started to add one ultra base stations (VMB5000r4) and one ultra camera, created the same modes in this ultra base station as i have in the other pro 2 base stations.  But I couldn't get geofencing to work for ultra, so i started to do some error solving, but it got worse, things that has worked stopped working and so on. So I had to take them away and invite them again, and after that i had to deactivite and acitivate the place/gps on each device to get it to work.

But in my ultra base station i only have information from 2 of the 4 members, of those 2, is 1 android and 1 IOS member, the location is inaccessible. I have rebooted the ultra base station but same problem remain. Is there a limitations with geofencing and numbers of base stations or is this a bug in ultra?

Another problems i have in the new app(android 2.9.2_26040) is that the mode tab is blank and have to restart the application to be able to see the modes again. I also feel that it is a bit slow at start-up, for example to flip through the cameras but after 3-4 seconds it floats on again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I... think...Ive got it to work....

It took some time, but now all three hubs shows location for all 4 members and it even seems to change when they leave and arrive at home 🙂 Fingers crossed that it will continue to work 🙂

I really don know how i did 🙂 changed the size for monitoring area, took away all shares and invited them again, reinstalled their application and so on and eventually it started to work 🙂

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW🕺🍾🎇

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

No i also see that the 2 person that i have location on is only one of them correct, but the so called faulty person is correct on the other 3 arlo pro 2 to base stations. I change the geofencing rule to only include the person that has the correct location but it didnt set to the right mode anyway. Does Schedule, GeoFencing and manual created modes work for ultra at all??

Another strange this is, web shows two mode are selected for ultra but only on for all of the pro 2 and if you look in the app only one is active for ultra.

See attached pictures

Yes i have rebooted the base station after above changes, Firmware 1.14.0.7_95_8e49ec9

@JamesC 

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

Some more screen shots

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC  and @JessicaP 

I see you have been involved in this issue https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/More-Geofencing-Issues-with-New-App/m-p/1729986?search-acti...

So my question is, are you working on fixing this problem?

When changing manual created modes through smartthings stopped to work and the fact that ultra didnt support smartthings I thought there were no reason to move on to ultra, but i found out that you could create a manual mode and use it in a schedule and from Geofencing you can select that schedule when you are home and when you are away you use the original armed mode. So my demands were fulfilled and I took the step to buy Ultra and now I found out this feature dosent work for ultra, have i bought ultra for nothing or you are planing to solve this problem?

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

More info.... 🙂 Now when one of the members arrived at home my arlo pro two base station have the both Schedule and Geofencing marked. So there seems to be three problem (at least) with ultra:

Show the correct status for all members

Cant connect to all members

and even if every one is away it will not change to the correct away mode, it still home mode

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsturess,

For geofencing to work and update location correctly, each device needs to be logged in and using it's own account. For each of your devices/users, do they have their own shared account through Grant Access?

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Yes they have there own account and they are logged in. As I wrote above it works for my three arlo pro 2 base stations but not for the ultra.

Are the developer working with the Geofence problem or you are saying there is no problem?

Your support team says it a known problem and I just has to wait for an update, is this not true?

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Did some more testing today. Removed my pro 2 bases, and only use two ultra bases. Geofencing is working on one of them, the first I installed, the second says every member are unreachable,  not even my own phone ts reachable.

Have tried to restart hub, reinstall the application and so on without any success.

Are there any one here that uses two or more ultra bases with geofencing?

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
I take it back , the first base station dosent show correct location.
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow here we go again this time Monday morning nothing is working with geofence and nothing has changed on my end sense it worked Saturday...
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
Took away all shared access, unistalled and installed the app and rebooted hubs. My location started to show correct on one off the base stations but the other one didnt get any information regarding my location. Even if I deleted all the shares, there devices are still selectable, is this right?
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ jsturess

Sense I talked to you earlier I went and checked my setup and sure enough geofencing is not working once again! I think you jinxed me when you messaged me 😋
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@SillySam 🙂

but I think youre problem is different from mine, youre location says disabled. in my case it showing wrong or could not get any information from the devices.

I can only make it to work when i am the only device, but its only for one of the hubs... the other one says unreachable.  Today i will get my third hub to my configuration, lets see how this will work 🙂

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
@jsturess I hope it works out for you I got mine to say both are in zone so we will see when I leave and my wife leaves last if it works once again. Yesterday I went to add a camera (not) and found that there was a firmware update available for my ultra base so maybe its a fix. Good luck
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I added my third hub, nothing changed, I change the radius from small to medium and it started to work, my location is now correct on all three hubs. I changed back to small and it still works :-). Next step is to add members again 🙂

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I... think...Ive got it to work....

It took some time, but now all three hubs shows location for all 4 members and it even seems to change when they leave and arrive at home 🙂 Fingers crossed that it will continue to work 🙂

I really don know how i did 🙂 changed the size for monitoring area, took away all shares and invited them again, reinstalled their application and so on and eventually it started to work 🙂

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW🕺🍾🎇

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation