Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LarryQwest
Star
Star

After learning that Arlo is trying to screw Ultra users with zero free cloud storage after a year, and following all the initial reviews of the Ultra which have not been good, the Pro 2 and Pro cameras will become even better sellers. Maybe this was the plan all along? The free cloud storage is huge when you can't access locally stored recordings on your app. The bugs of the Pro 2 system have been worked out well enough for me that I am going to invest more with them than the Ultra. I was not a happy camper for 6 months with constant problems, but things have been great recently. By the time they get the Ultra working as well there will be 8k cameras. One Youtube reviewer already said the zoom feature on the Ultra was still blurry and he couldn't read any license plates. Granted the Pro 2 is not stellar, but I find the picture quality decent. Any other fans of the Pro 2 out there?

3 REPLIES 3
Alô
Guide
Guide
Same boat,. After reading all the bugs & cons about the Ultra, I finally pulled the trigger on two more Pro 2 cams & 2 extra batteries to my existing Pro 2 setup. My home security system is now complete.
BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

You are right on the money (literally). The way Arlo is trying to milk their customers now on the Ultra is against what their brand is known for. They were built on the free 7 day cloud storage feature. Do they think people will simply not care in a year after the free period is up? Prices do nothing but increase (just look at cable), so what they charge for plans now is not what they'll charge in the future. And having to pay extra on top of that new cloud storage fee to record in 4k? WTF? I have a 6 camera Pro 2 system and love it. Works beautifully now and I can't tell you how many sales I've made after showing potential customers my home system at work (Best Buy). Most of the bugs have been worked out and I find it very reliable. The Pro and Pro 2 are definitely their best value systems on the market. 

PhylumT
Apprentice
Apprentice
You are correct about not being able to view license plates. The color at night is cool, the picture quality is definitely better, however there is a lack of definition and faces and license plates. It’s my hope this can be improved by software updates.

I’ve also noticed:

Pet Filter : works about 50% of the time, pet recording still occurs.

Camera clarity: clarity is better, however it’s not what I expected, I expected better.

Zoom: the zoom/follow feature essentially does t work. My dog (with pet filter on) set off my back camera, the zoom focused on him then zoomed the opposite direction he was going.

Camera light: seems that the camera light doesn’t self adjust other than on/off.

There are definitely bonuses to the cameras, which going from Arlo HD it was probably worth it, but if you have a better system then that? Probably best to wait. Cameras need to have good quality.

The speaker is insanely good, I can hear a dog walking down the street 20’ away. Or the neighbors mailbox being opened and closed.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation