Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Privacy masking of areas of recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mthai19
Follower
Follower
Hi Arlo community,

One feature that I believe the system is lacking is the ability to grey out/black out areas of the recording.
In the UK, and in many parts of Europe, it's not legal to record neighbors areas, or public paths, and that comes as well under GDPR rules of data privacy.
I know a lot of other systems that already use this function, and this should be a priority from the development team to implement, not only from the functional point of view, but from the legal one as well.
Kind regards
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on the exact legal requirements, you can use either positioning and/or Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings to set a zoom area to eliminate undesired areas to record.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mthai19 wrote:

In the UK, and in many parts of Europe, it's not legal to record neighbors areas, or public paths, and that comes as well under GDPR rules of data privacy.

Check that. There is a lot of misinformation around on GDPR.

You may find that it is not the use of cameras that matters, but what you do with the data you collect.

Guidance on the use of domestic CCTV - GOV.UK

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation