Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Presale Questions: How many camera can be viewed in web portal? Can more than one person view?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
emovendo
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. How many cameras can be viewed simultaneously in the Web Portal?
2. Can more than one person view the live feeds at the same time from different PCs?
(We have three employees that need to be able view driveways and delivery doors during the workday)

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@emovendo wrote:

1. How many cameras can be viewed simultaneously in the Web Portal?
2. Can more than one person view the live feeds at the same time from different PCs?
(We have three employees that need to be able view driveways and delivery doors during the workday)

1. Up to 5.

2. You can grant friend  access to live view. I did experiment on steaming live on my  login at the same time with a different friend grant access login. If you use the same login as another it will log you off one though. Just note it stops live streaming after about 30 minutes to save the battery if you forget but either way you should be on AC for a lot of Live streaming and recordings like you described.  Wireless cams aren't really for long term Live view like CCTV. 

The FAQ in this forum has good info to help also. 

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

2. You can grant friend  access to live view

Just to clarify this:  You'd set up one account for each employee, then use "friend" access to let them see the cameras.  You can then keep the master account for your own use.  

@dcfox1 wrote: Wireless cams aren't really for long term Live view like CCTV. 

This is a critical point.  If you are wanting the employees to continuously monitor the camera feeds, then that won't work.  You should instead look into CCTV solutions (which Arlo doesn't offer).

The employees can live stream from time to time, or they can access recordings.  But they won't be able to stream continuously, even if the Arlo cameras are powered.

emovendo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the answers.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation