Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Guy09
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Ultra camera all of a sudden will not change power management settings in the app. It is stuck on best quality picture, I change it to balanced setting in the app but it doesn’t stay changed, when I log back in 5 mins later it has reverted back to best picture setting. This is only a recent problem, last week. Before I had no problem changing power management settings. What has happened? Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mark24    Did You update the app update that just came out  IOS version 2.18.?  It fixed the problem. with power management settings.  I downloaded it today it it works as it should now. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen this on the web .... had to go to app to fix same.

So, if your using the app, try it on the web at  my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Boboandjazz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. I have tried the app and computer. Neither fixes the issue.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Guy and Bobo, please remove the battery from the camera, wait 10 seconds, then re-install.

This should fix the issue.

Thanks!
Jonathan
Mark24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Changes in power management setting whether made on app or computer, are not preserved. Always reverts to best picture, leaving batteries to run out fast. Any solutions?
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the same problem on ios app but it works on web portal. Weird thing is i go to app after that its on best but stayed at my setting on web portal. So who knows which one is actually working. 

Mark24
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does change on the web portal.... until you once again open the mobile device app, and then it changes back! This is an annoying and wasteful feature. Also, taking out the battery and replacing it does not work. Any solutions? Does Arlo even read these?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mark24  Yea for me it always stay on correct setting no matter what on web but still says best on app. I go back to web at its correct with last setting like "optimize". So while settings stay different i dont know which is working. It is probably an app thing since is stays on correct setting in web portal no matter how may times i log back and forth. 

Undercover972
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the answer to everything. Go get the camera and switch out the battery. Do you guys understand that people have these cameras posted at a height on our homes that requires a ladder to get to them? Pain in my ass. I thought these bugs were fixed with the update, yet we're still switching out batteries. Why don't you just say it doesn't work right?

Mark24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. And now my battery, which has been in for all of one week, already needs to be recharged! All because changes in the power management setting do not take. Taking the battery out, using the computer... none of these fix the problem. Will Arlo reps please provide a fix... if there is one?
Undercover972
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand your dilemma. It doesn't really matter for me because I have a power cord hooked up to mine. I'm not playing around with these batteries every two weeks. If you do hook it up to a power cord make sure you get the OEM Arlo. I tried an aftermarket one and it didn't work well. I was just annoyed that I was trying to change the setting and it wouldn't allow me to do it. I learned to just leave these things alone and eventually they'll start working again. Don't expend a lot of time and aggravation into it because it's just gonna happen again. 

Mark24
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few days ago I submitted a new case on this power management issue to Arlo. Arlo told me that they received my request and would get back to me in 1-2 business days. It’s now been 4 days, still no response. Is this typical for this company? Nice that they setup a community to get answers because it doesn’t look like I’ll get anything from them directly.

Undercover972
Aspirant
Aspirant

They likely don't have an answer because its a bug. Otherwise, I called and left my phone number over a week ago and they never called me back. Likely COVID staffing issues. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mark24    Did You update the app update that just came out  IOS version 2.18.?  It fixed the problem. with power management settings.  I downloaded it today it it works as it should now. 

Mark24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I just did and it seems to be working now. Appreciate your help; much faster than Arlo!
Boboandjazz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes!! Seems the developers finally got the bug fixed. With the update I can now change my power settings and they stay!!
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation