Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Lasse19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro 2 in my house. Now I'm planning buy Arlo Ultra to my summer house. Is it possible to have two Arlo Apps (one for each system) in the samt Iphone? Or how shall I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem - all devices show up in one login. The only thing is that you'll need a subscription for the Ultras since any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires that. You don't have to do anything for the Pro 2s unless you want to add features.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem - all devices show up in one login. The only thing is that you'll need a subscription for the Ultras since any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires that. You don't have to do anything for the Pro 2s unless you want to add features.

Snacks
Initiate
Initiate
The ultra cameras will show up on your current account. I would advise however to keep the pros or get a different system otherwise you will end up paying $10 a month to record in 2k with your brand new 4K cameras after you free trial runs out.

I made that mistake. Now I’m selling them for something else.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Snacks wrote:
The ultra cameras will show up on your current account. I would advise however to keep the pros or get a different system otherwise you will end up paying $10 a month to record in 2k with your brand new 4K cameras after you free trial runs out.

I made that mistake. Now I’m selling them for something else.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Snacks
Initiate
Initiate
I answered his question in the first sentence and provided additional information regarding the ultra cameras.

How does your comment help this thread?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Lasse 19 Though they may all show up on one some have had issues when doing that where their pro2s and newer cams didn't play well listed together.  Support may or may not have worked it out.  It sounds like your talking about two locations so why not leave the pro 2 as is and set up an account for the new ones and simply log in to the one you wish to view.  Unless you have a need to see both at the same time.   Should work fine if you have two e-mails you can use.  Or hope dcfox way goes issue free.

Lasse19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all input. I will def keep my Pro2 as it is (4 cameras) and I will def think it over if I shall buy another Arlo system to my other house. I'm not interested paying €10-20 per month for two systems and 6 cameras.

It´s a good system and good function - but not to that cost!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

Lasse 19 Though they may all show up on one some have had issues when doing that where their pro2s and newer cams didn't play well listed together.

Not sure what that problem could be since I have Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3 and Ultra cameras all on one VMB5000 hub with no issues.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I have a very similar situation and have set it up in a slightly more complicated way than others here suggest.

I have a control account for each arlo system eg arlo1@blahdeblah.com and arlo2@blahdeblah.com then I share access to other users eg spouse@blahdeblah.com, me@blahdeblah.com, friend@somewhere.com. It works reasonably well.

Caveats:

You need to be able to set up different multiple email addresses for shared and control accounts.

Your shared accounts don't have full access to manage all aspects of each arlo group. You need log out and back in as control account to mange some things (eg edit modes, utilities, local access that doesn't work properly anyway, etc)

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat I'm sure many do but your on here enough to have seen there have been issues.  Perhaps not with working on one hub but rather plan issues after combing them and some when using two different locations as I think was in the question.  They have both been on here.  Just saying, there are options to consider and keep a eye on it if you do because if things don't go smooth some of us consider support a nightmare others think they have the greatest system in the world.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation